having a cold...

so i came down with a cold last week..and didnt bother to take any medications...i basically road the cold..i stayed hydrated and ate enough...but does anyone think my baby could have been hurt or gotten sick because of it?..i know this seems irresponsible but i really hate taking meds. while im pregnant..i would hate to think my baby could get sick or something because of the ,medication..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:24 PM on May. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You're probably fine.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 5:27 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I got pneumonia at the end of my last pregnancy. I thought I just had a cold and didn't take anything for it because I don't like taking meds unless absolutely necessary when I'm pregnant. So when I went in for my c-section I told my doc (again) I had a nasty cold and they listened to my lungs etc. and did x-rays and found out I had pneumonia. I actually started going in to labor while there so they delivered my dd and put me on antibiotics and watched her for a couple of hours to see how she was. She was absolutely fine and wasn't effected by my being sick at all. So IMO, your baby should be fine.
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 5:46 PM on May. 1, 2009

• If you're worried call your doctor. Most of the time, you will feel the cold much more than if you were not pregnant and your cold may last longer. But your baby is probably just fine in there, while you feel sickly.
    Hope you feel better soon.
    KirstenG

Answer by KirstenG at 8:17 AM on May. 3, 2009