Is it possible for my ankle to be broken even if I can still walk on it?

I twisted my ankle really bad 2 weeks ago and it hurt like hell the next day, then it was okay but it's still swollen and now it's slowly getting more painful. It's not bruised or anything though. I just made an appt. to get it checked but I wasn't worried cuz I didn't think it was broken and I didn't know what else the dr. could really do. But it is possible it's maybe even a hairline fracture?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:33 PM on May. 1, 2009 in Health

• possibly,but, they always say that a sprain is worse than a break. Keep off of it as much as possible til you get to the doctor
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 5:40 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Yes, depending on the break. Sometimes, you can be in shock and not feel the full pain of it till later. If it is broken or fractured it needs to be braced so it won't grow wrong and cause problems later. I have methods for quicker speed of healing in addition to your doctors cast. You are welcome to contact me.
    1heart1mind

Answer by 1heart1mind at 5:42 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Yes!!! I was at the hospital and a lady was there because she had hurt her ankle and was afraid she might have broken it(I didn't mean to be nosy, she and the doc were talking in the hallway because that's where her bed was and was in frony of the cubical I was in)again. The doc asked her how she got there and she had said she drove herself. Well they did xray and she had rebroken it. She couldn't see how because the pain wasn't that bad! I'd go to doc asap just because of the fact that you have pain that is lasting for over a week(should have called then) and is swollen!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 5:44 PM on May. 1, 2009

• YES!!!!! go in to the hospital is your shatter your bones it wont hurt but it might get poofy and purple
    Anonymous