10 weeks pregnant today

I am exactly 10 weeks pregnant today and I have a question. I have gain about 5 pounds already....is this normal.....I didn't think this early you'd be starting to gain weight am I normal or is gaining weight this earlt mean that I will be an excessively over the pregnancy standards for gaining weight. I am scared should I have gained 5 pounds in first 10 weeks? If I am over reacting please don't bash me, say it nicely please. This is my first time being pregnant. ~heather~ and ~*~baby~*~

heathertilton08

Asked by heathertilton08 at 5:33 PM on May. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• with one of my girlfriends she gained all her weight in the begining and hardly any in the last couple of months.. i wouldnt be worried about it :D
    raehope

Answer by raehope at 5:36 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Everyone gains weight at different times. Some people slowly gain weight throughout the whole pregnancy, and some will just shoot up 10 pounds all at once. As long as you don't start coming close to the recommended weight gain amount, which is usually 25-30lbs, way before your due date, you are fine. I am 26 weeks pregnant and have gained 16 pounds.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 5:37 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I think if you gain like 2 lbs a week you're right on target or whatever you wanna call it you dont sound like you're gaining too fast or too much you sound just right, shoot i gained 30 lbs by the time i was 3 months pregnant that was before I knew I was having twins I was FREAKED OUT
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 5:45 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Once you get past 12 weeks they want you to gain two pounds a week which I think is really hard to do so take it as a blessing!
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 5:50 PM on May. 1, 2009