dialation/effacement

how long were you dialated/effaced before you gave birth? and how much of each? ( like how many cm dialated and how effaced)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:36 PM on May. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i was 80% efaced, and dialated to a 3.... i was there for about 3 days....
    I was past my due date.... i ended up goin from 3 to rim by walking like 4 feet.
    talk about unprepared... nurse held in my son till the doctor got there... found out later she wasnt supposed to do that lol....
    congrats sweety and good luck!!!!
    trystons_mommy

Answer by trystons_mommy at 5:51 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I have heard gravity works!! walk around as long as you can thats what my aunt told me to do
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 5:57 PM on May. 1, 2009

• i was 1 cm adn 70% effaced for 2 months , i still ended up being induced.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:30 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Dilation and Effacement doesn't really mean anything as far as labor is concerned. There are many women who aren't even dilated at all who go into labor the next day. Same with effacement. We never bothered with effacement, though I did know I was dilated one centimeter. I ended up going into labor at 38 weeks naturally and all on my own.
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 9:30 PM on May. 1, 2009