BLAST FROM THE PAST: What kind of music did you listen to growing up?

Name of some of your old Favorites. Artists,Song titles, lyrics etc...

The last couple days me and my sister have been listening to a bunch of the old stuff from like the 90s. Such as Nsync,Backstreet,Brittney(B4 her whore stage),Jesse Mcartney,Arron carter,Billy Gilman, SpiceGirls.... etc etc....

What are some of the songs your remember jammin out to growing up?

trystons_mommy

Asked by trystons_mommy at 5:36 PM on May. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I listened to what my parents listened to which was mainly Old School/Disco, Classic Rock, and 90's Alternative. I still love when the Alternative radio station here does their "I Love the 90's" weekends! Once I developed my own taste in music it was mainly pop then hip hop.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 5:41 PM on May. 1, 2009

• ac/dc, beatles, tiffany, duran duran, metalica, journey, eagles.. many more and I still listen to them !
    Mommy2seven

Answer by Mommy2seven at 5:42 PM on May. 1, 2009

• i used to love hanson! mmm bop! lmao! but yeah pretty much the same as u but add in some mariah carey and whitney houston a little dixie chicks and a little limp bizkit- i was all over the place! i loved and still love any and every music except rap- sorry but i just cant get with that!
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 5:43 PM on May. 1, 2009

• oh and the same as mommytoseven lol- metalica, ozzy, pink floyd (all thanks to my step father lol)
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 5:44 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Aerosmith, Pink Floyd, Zeppelin, The Doors, Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, Journey, Tom Petty, Skynyrd, Bruce Springsteen and I'm going to stop now becuase I'm totally giving away my age. LOL.
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 5:49 PM on May. 1, 2009

• From the age of 3 to 13, I was an 80's child. So all the music from that decade in general really is nostalgic for me. I do miss a lot of the music from my high school years when Soundgarden, STP, Smashing Pumpkins, etc, where big. But I also listened to a LOT of classic rock. Led Zeppelin is my favorite band of all time.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 5:53 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I am with CookieMom and mommy2seven, as I got older. Younger, there was beatles and Peter Paul and Mary, Simon and Garfunkle... that's what my parents listened to. That and talk radio. At the time, I didn't really understand why my mother wanted talk radio, but now I completely get it!
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 6:00 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I grew up in the 80's/90's

Hair bands were awesome: Motley Crue, was a fave and don't tell anyone, but I also listened to Stryper (rock christian band)

I did the rap thing: MC Hammer, Beastie Boys

Never liked country. Too sad and boring.
    Anonymous

• I hate to admit it but until I was about 12, I listened to country. Garth Brooks, Brooks and Dunn, and that kinda stuff. Once I got old enoug to listen to what I wanted to, I was more of a hair band girl, even though the 80's were over. I liked some of the hits from the 90's too. Aerosmith is and always will be my favorite band of all time.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 6:09 PM on May. 1, 2009

• WHOOT YOU LADIES ARE AWESOME lol Its so much fun to think about it.... I myself have always been big on country too.... Spiritguide- Nothing to be ashamed of. I love garth brooks - Thunder Rolls was the first song i EVER memorized. i remember sitting in a booster seat in the back of my parents station wagon singing it with my parents... lol
    Amazing how much time flies huh??
    I am having a lot of fun listening to the older music the last couple days... stuff inever thought id hear again lol Keep em coming! im loving this!
    trystons_mommy

Answer by trystons_mommy at 6:29 PM on May. 1, 2009