Christians: Are you bitter?

I figured if I ask the non-Christians, I should probably ask my fellow Christians a similar question.

I see a lot of posts on here from Christians completely bashing non-Christians and their religion or non-religion (of course, I see a lot of bashing coming from non-Christians as well, so it's not a one-way street by any means).

What I am wondering is, did you have a bad experience with a non-Christian that caused you to be bitter in this respect?

Has this reflected in your relationship with Jesus by any means?

This is not meant to be a debate by any means, I am asking in complete respect and love for your beliefs, it was just something that I have always been curious about, on both ends. I am in no way intending on trying to convert you or prove you wrong in any aspect, I am just wanting to know.

jennijune_21

Asked by jennijune_21 at 5:49 PM on May. 1, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I feel that any religion is bitter towards everybody if its not done their way or I should say "god's way" im pregnant and not married im getting harassed all the time about getting married, but I dont believe in getting married just because of a child, well "its not god's way" thats all I hear and im sick and tired of it, how does anyone know what "gods way" is?!?!
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 5:53 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I used to be somewhat, not so much from another person, but had a hard time for a couple years of understanding why a friend of mine died of cancer when she was only 23 at the time, I had gone through a different cancer issue, and completely cured of it. I am grateful and praise God for that blessing, have learned from seeing her mom over the last almost 4 years, that just to move on and let go of those feelings.
    Anonymous

• Put religion aside for a second and hear me out!!! If we follow in Jesus's foot steps we would live more peacefuly! If we mocked his behaviors to a t no we would not judge or bash but instead be comassionate and understanding! No this is not a perfect world but that doesn't mean that we have to make it harder by being closed minded and unwilling to change our views when they are wrong or misplaced!!!! Jesus LOVED EVERYONE AND NOT JUST THOSE FOLLOWING HIM!!! Not ANY OF US ARE PERFECT NOR SHOULD PRETEND TO BE! Jesus was full of love, slow to anger, eager to teach anyone who would listen about his father, listened to children, did not hold grudges, and he did not hate! ANYONE WHO DOES ALL OF THIS AND LIVES BY BIBLE PRINCIPLE CAN JUDGE! HOWEVER WE LIVE IN IPERFECTION AND FALL SHORT!!! I ACCEPT JESUS AS MY BROTHER WHO DIED FOR MY SINS AND HIS FATHER AS MY FATHER WHO CREATED ALL THINGS AND TRY MY BEST TO LIVE AS JESUS HAS BUT FAIL 2
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 6:09 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Now to answer the question: no I am not a bitter Christian! I have been wronged by those who were closest but never hated or stopped loving them!!! When you hold on to past wrongs and injustices it does make you bitter and in time miserable!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 6:14 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I am not a bitter Christian
    Anonymous

• No, I am not bitter.
    I have been hurt yes but I choose to forgive and allow healing which would prevent me from becoming bitter and angry.
    I rather walk in love and compassion and pass it on to others that need that love.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 6:32 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I do want to say... I have had bad church experiences... but what I realized was it was not GOD doing that but peoples choices. Being in a spiritually abusive church according to the world should have damaged me but it only pushed me forward in knowing God in a deeper way. It is in that that I was able to grow and forgive and move forward in my faith in Him. Sure I get hurt pangs once in a while when the memory comes up but I choose not to stay there and dwell on it. It is past and that is where it remains!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 6:36 PM on May. 1, 2009

• No, I'm not a bitter person at all, I look at everyone as coming to their understanding of belief or non-belief as having nothing personal to do with me so why should I feel bad or offended because they don't agree with me, it's not a personal affront, I do try to share what I see from my side and why I see it that way IF they want to know or when posting in here I state "I believe and here's why" I love knowing facts about my beliefs and all these facts shaped my beliefs like No Hell, No Trinity, No Immortal soul. all came from Bible based information that are facts.
    By the way I loved A.I. FLAT FACT.
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 6:49 PM on May. 1, 2009

• No, I am not bitter. I was totally sitting here trying to think about it too.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 7:17 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I am not bitter, but I do get annoyed every once in a while, especially when people assume things rather than actually finding out facts. It actually strengthens my testimony and beliefs though so I guess in the end it is all good :)

soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 8:26 PM on May. 1, 2009