Vasectomy/Tubes tied ...feelings afterwards, even if it has been years or months

What were you're feelings after having you knew it was permanent... either tubes tied/vasectomy... Even it was something you both wanted,I feel very sad, now that's its all said and done, I am 37 and have 4 children, 14 yr, and 3 under 3,

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:50 PM on May. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• I am and was thrilled to have my tubes tied. I only have one child but it was a tough pregnancy and delivery. I almost died in delivery and my doc recommended me not try again. I am happy to have him. I am also thrilled that we do not have to use protection and we no longer have the worries or thoughts of being pregnant.
    dillonsma

Answer by dillonsma at 5:57 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I had my tubes tied.. and I don't like that I can't have any more but I really don't need anymore for health and financial reasons. My little one just turned 4 so I'm getting sad knowing she's going to be be going to pre-k this August prolly.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 6:06 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Relief. No more miscarriages.

And a deep sense of sorrow, grief, loss, pain, rage, omg what have I done?

I got over it eventually because I waited a long time for them to pick up on what I already knew. No more kids for me, I was only meant to have one.
    MizKizzy

Answer by MizKizzy at 6:07 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I had my tubes tied in 2001 and hated it. Had them untied in April 2006 and was blessed with a beautiful son exctly one year later. GOOGLE PTLS and read the side effects most doctors fail to mention.. Good luck.
    ShoesRLove

Answer by ShoesRLove at 8:30 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I'm 37 and have a 7 & 21 month old and I regret making it permanent. I would love to have another now, but there were so many things that were going on and my last pregnancy was pretty rough and I let the hormones and fear decide for me. Not to mention all the other stuff that has happened since...
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 9:46 PM on May. 1, 2009