What would you do if..

your relationship got to the breaking point and your SO/DH never faught to keep you? How would it make you feel?
Since me and my SO got together there has been 2 times when I was dead ass serious about leaving him and he just LET me go. Literally told me that Icould go and he will do his own thing. I was thinking about it and I asked him how come he never fights for US and he said "I just dont do that" but to me it feels like he doesn't care about our relationship enough or our child to do something about me leaving. He's told me one of those times that if i leave, he's gone, he will pack up and move away and I will never hear from him again. What about our baby?!?!
He's also told me that he knows I need him and that I love him so I won't go. I don't NEED a man and love has nothing to do with it. I can be without him and still love him and I definately dont need him to make me happy.
What are your thoughts?

Marix3

Asked by Marix3 at 5:58 PM on May. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• He probably just has a hard time opening up and communicating.
    I'm the same way.
    There have been a few times that my BF threatened to leave, but I couldn't make myself say anything to stop him, even thought I REALLY wanted to. It's just too hard.
    Anonymous

• I agree with the pp except that if he threatens to leave and never see your baby again than that opens up a whole other can of worms...
    Anonymous

• I think that's probably just him lashing out in anger and fear.
    Anonymous

• my thoughts are he has you figured out and isn't sweating it

Answer by admckenzie at 6:33 PM on May. 1, 2009

• well first off if you have left before he will NEVER take you seriously again.. because you came back! So those threats ( which shouldn't have been made unless carried out) will not work. Some People believe that their partner enriches their life NOT makes their life! Sad but true.. they might miss you but know that they would be okay without you ( or any partner) in their life.
    Anonymous

• How is it controlling if he lets her leave? I mean I understand what you are saying, but at that point, its more of a hang up for the person who is leaving than the person who is being left.

And I am one of those peoople in the previous post that:

Some People believe that their partner enriches their life NOT makes their life! Sad but true.. they might miss you but know that they would be okay without you ( or any partner) in their life.

But I don't understand why that's a sad truth, I think its healthy. I love my DH, and I have fought tooth and nail for our relationship for his sake and that of our children more than for my own. We did separate for awhile (work) and he was just as miserable as I knew he would be.

Anonymous

• You shouldn't have to fight to be with someone. Or change who you are just so they'll stay. Either they love you or they don't. So if my husband threatened to leave me I'd say go for it. I'm not going to force you or beg you to stay. You want to go, go! Obviously you've already threatened him and you're still there. So make up your mind.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 5:29 AM on May. 2, 2009

• Some People believe that their partner enriches their life NOT makes their life! Sad but true.. they might miss you but know that they would be okay without you ( or any partner) in their life.

This is how it should be. If you partner makes your life then where is your self worth? Where is your personal anything?
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 5:33 AM on May. 2, 2009