Girls, help me decipher this...

Daughter is raising two children, she moved in with another girl who has two children, one of which lives there full time. So, two adults raising three kids. Daughter works PT, is constantly stressed out. Yes, job is stressing, but come on. Her BF is no longer in picture, and she has kind of wigged out since he left. Question is, she wants me to watch kids, but does not want my opinions or input on anything. She says I am stressing her out by calling to see if she is okay. I am confused.. Do I back off and let her be, hoping she will raise kids okay. Or, do I keep interferring. I am just scared something will happen to the kids. HELP. What would you do???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:03 PM on May. 1, 2009 in General Parenting

• I would give her space and tell her that I will be there if she needs me.
    sammygrl77

Answer by sammygrl77 at 6:43 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I don't think that needing help watching the kids is an invitation to put your two cents in. If she asks for advice, give it to her...but if not, offer the help she asks for when you can.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 7:03 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I agree with the pp. As hard as it is, just back off and let your daughter figure things out on her own. She'll come to you when she needs you. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:03 PM on May. 1, 2009