Christians do you have prayers to mediate on for forgiveness

Do you have a prayer you use to help you forgive a person? Will you share it with me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:09 PM on May. 1, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Dear heavenly father I am at a crossroads and need your guidance. I feel I have been wronged and I am having negative feelings that I don't want to fester and blow up into something major. Father I know you say to forgive and let you handle it but I am struggling to. Father I now put this situation in your hands and know in due time the matter will be resolved as how you deem fit. Father I also need you to help be turn my negative thoughts and feelings around so I will not hate or resent this individual. I have faith and trust in you father and I know you will do what's best for me to overcome this. In the name of your son, my reinging king Christ Jesus Amen. That's my prayer when I feel like that!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 6:24 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I pray what ever is in my heart ...
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 6:43 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Unforgiveness causes YOU bitterness. I can't quote one now but basically Jesus said "Forgive 70 X 70" :) If you don't forgive you will be in bondage. God wants us to move on and have full JOY! Remember what Jesus said to the Father when He was crusified "Father forgive them "
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 7:32 PM on May. 1, 2009

• The Lord's prayer says "..forgive us our debts as we forgive out debtors."
    1Corinthians 13, the love chapter talks about not being easily angered or keeping records of wrongs. In studying the book of Genesis this year at Community Bible Study, the commentary made some interesting statements about forgiveness and reconciliation. First of all, they are two different things. Forgiveness is surrendering any right to revenge. This is the only part we are responsible for. Even this much requires the help of God. Then reconciliation comes when the offending person shows remorse or sorrow and changes their behavior. Hope this helps.
    tiggermom803

Answer by tiggermom803 at 2:08 AM on May. 2, 2009

• Not a prayer that I repeat over and over. If its me asking forgivness, I usually just ask God to forgive me. If its to forgive somone eles.... that takes longer. I take it to god and tell him the situation and ask him to soften my heart and to teach me to forgive. A long time ago somone told me that the way to forgive someone, was to ask God to show them to you, through HIS eyes and not your. I pray for those that I need to forgive, and the more I pray for them, the more God softens my heart, leads me to love them, and helps me forgive and let go.

Prayer is the ultimate love language. The more you pray for somone, the more you will love them.

Pray should never be routine, or systematic... its jsut talking to God. Dont make it complicated, just stand before him and say "here I am LORD".
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 2:53 AM on May. 2, 2009

• I agree with Daughteroftruth. The Bible says we don't even know what we should pray( Romans 8:26), so there really isn't a need for elaborate prayers.
    Remember that forgiveness is not forgetting, but forgiveness is remembering without malice.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 5:58 AM on May. 2, 2009