to the black women on this site...a question regarding racial slurs

The joke about pigs having 2 fly before we have a black president (swine flu).I do not think that was racial.It merely makes reference 2 the fact that it is something many people thought would never happen.The joke could have gone"So I told my husband we'd have a threesome"when pigs fly!".And since the swine flu...I feel that non-black people are more offended by it than black people.Do black people ever feel like ppl shld just chill?I think people are so hung op on not offending that exactly the opposite happens...they offend.Now...the phrase "people of color", I don't like at all.That is offensive because it suggests that there are two kinds of people...those who are white and those who are not, therefore making being white sound superior. am I one of those people that thinks she's not racist and is (like so many people on this site)?

nairda

Asked by nairda at 6:11 PM on May. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I didn't think it was offensive, I just thought it was a bad joke ... as in not all that funny.
    Anonymous

• lol I'm not black, nor racist, but I never thought of pigs flying with our new president and I actually think it's pretty damn funny. I've said "when pigs fly" for a lot of things so I guess things are about to get even more interesting haha. I can't relate to any other portion of your question though..
    Anonymous

• TO THE  WHITE WOMEN  ON THIS SIDE..... MAYBE  THE JOKE IS ON YOU . muahahahaha

a black presindet...muahaahaa.  NEXT Time will have a Pedro or a  Juan in the WHITE HOUSE

Anonymous

• IGNORANCE IS BLISS!!! SWINE FLU HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH PIGS!!! IT DOES NOT COME FROM PIGS!!! AND THE ONE'S THAT GAVE IT THAT NAME NOW REALIZE THE MISTAKE THEY MADE AND THAT IS WHY THEY ARE TRYING TO WEEN IT OVER TO THE OTHER UNCATCHY PHRASE!!! AND YES THE COMMENT WAS UNESSARY AND IN A WAY RACIALLY MOTIVATED!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 6:30 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Hell yeah paint the white house brown!! hahaha
    Anonymous

• It DID come from pigs. It's only SUPPOSED to transfer between pigs, but then a little boy got it from a pig, then the virus mutated and can now transfer from human to human.
    Anonymous

• Look the joke is just a pun. A simple play on words. It's just an unfunny play on words. Someone said it and fancied themselves clever and it spread faster than H1N1.
    Anonymous

• I have always held disdain for the phrase "people of color"....think for just a sec, that is every person on the planet....the only question is, which color?
    Anonymous

• yes, exactly anon 6:54! it was a simple play on words. i got this joke sent to me tons of times. i thought it was funny but many people thought it was racist. i didn't think it had anything to do with "race". people need to chill!
    nairda

Answer by nairda at 8:45 PM on May. 1, 2009

• It isn't called the Swine Flu anymore.
    It is now called the H1N1 Influenza.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:25 AM on May. 2, 2009