flat iron recommendations?

my hair is already straight but not stick straight....if i dont curl it under at the ends with a roundbrush it goes every which way and isnt uniform. if that makes sense. i would love to try a flat iron to have it be flater and not curled under but there are so many out there. obviously not looking to spend a huge amount of money [if i can even convince hubby to get one to begin with! ha!] any recommendations would be appreciated! thanks!

AgentBrez

Asked by AgentBrez at 6:12 PM on May. 1, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• lol my hubby didn't want to let me buy one either, he said your hair is already straight, men lol they don't get it. So to convince him, I borrowed one from a friend and did my hair and he loved it so the next day I got one. I got the conair wet to dry iron and I love it. I can do my hair right out of the shower and don't have to dry it or wait for it to dry.
    Rebeccaroe

Answer by Rebeccaroe at 6:17 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Chi... Nothing better.
    Anonymous

• I have naturally curly hair. I have a 1" CHI flat iron. It's AWESOME! It only takes me about 20 minutes to straiighten my hair. I think it's a bit pricey but, I also think it's worth every penny. I completely understanding about the whole hubby thing.LOL! I actually found mine on sale at Target for under $100. Look on-line to see who has it cheapest. Hope this helps. By the way... you can look at my picture on my profile, you wouldn't even know I have cury hair.
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 6:20 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I also love my chi, but they are expensive. Just make sure you get one with ceremic plates. And be sure to use some kind of product with it. Biosilk is good.
    NicMorgan

Answer by NicMorgan at 7:02 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I have no idea what brand mine is, my mom bought it at walmart and it works really good. But I've heard that the Bed Head Ionic straighteners are REALLY good, and they're a lot cheaper than the Chi's (I want both of them sooo bad lol) I found the Bed Head one at Meijers for 40 I think. The smaller one is cheaper than the bigger one.

I had a Remmington Wet2Straight, it sucked because I have SUPER curly, frizzy hair, and it worked great if I straightened my hair dry, but if I tried straightening it wet it would fry my hair really bad.
    LadyJayne27

Answer by LadyJayne27 at 7:36 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I have used a Chi before and they are great, but I prefer the paul Mitchell Iron. I have curly hair and the Paul Mitchell iron seems to be faster and reduces the fly aways.
    frapanda

Answer by frapanda at 7:44 PM on May. 1, 2009

• chi is best, but expensive. i have naturally straight hair, but it wiggs out and sticks out all over and i use a hot tools, which is great, but not near as expensive!
    trepsica

Answer by trepsica at 11:51 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I must disagree. T3 tourmaline professional wet to dry. Costs about 200 but well worth it and it comes with a 10 year warranty. I also have a wigo jade that comes with a 10 yr warranty that I paid 100 for. These you would need to get from a stylist. It may cost you more because I bought mine wholesale
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 12:55 AM on May. 2, 2009

• I have to agree with LuvsDanika. T3 Tourmaline are the BEST on the market. Chi is really overrated...
    lillie023

Answer by lillie023 at 3:41 AM on May. 4, 2009

• there is nothing better than CHI...!!
    claireflare11

Answer by claireflare11 at 10:13 AM on May. 4, 2009