I am rich. Do you hate me?

I pay about 50% of my income to taxes. I work my ass off everyday to make that money. I worked my whole life to make it to this point.
Everywhere I turn is another person who hates me because I have money. It seems as though they want me to pay 95% of my income to taxes and then they won't hate me because I will bring home as much money as them.
Do you hate me? If so, why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:30 PM on May. 1, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Where are all of the people who make the comments "the rich people should pay more taxes" or "too bad you won't be able to have your hummer gold-plated this year because you had to pay taxes to help someone else out" or "rich people have attitudes" or "we should cap how much people make" or "what do you do that deserves you to get paid more than me?" or "why can't we all be paid the same?" ??? Where are they all at? lol.

It's easy to make a comment about rich people in-general but when faced with an individual asking you WHY being rich gives you the right to hate them, no one can come up with one good reason to justify the hate of someone you don't even know based on what they EARN lol. It just shows you how STUPID it is to hate someone based on their hard work, how much they've EARNED and what you have that they don't have. Heaven forbid I become rich someday; I'd have to hate myself for an idiotic reason.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 10:49 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Is this like that old commercial. "don't hate me because I am beautiful."
    Anonymous

• no i dont hate you. im sure you do work very hard and if you make alot of money then thats great. doesnt mean you dont work hard-it means you are qualified for a good paying job.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 6:32 PM on May. 1, 2009

• no, i envy you!
    Anonymous

• No, I don't hate you. You are what the American dream is about, to be able to achieve personal gain BY working for it. Congratulations!

tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 6:34 PM on May. 1, 2009

• No, I don't hate you. Good for you. The only I do want to say is to appreciate what you have. My husband had a six figure job and recently lost it. Now he is making HALF of what he was making before. Now I realize how lucky and blessed we were then, and I took it for granted. Just appreciate what you have. GOOD for you. Anyone who HATES you is probably just jealous.
    Anonymous

• Nope! Not at all. I do wish I could've followed in your footsteps and have a few extra bucks myself, though.
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 6:35 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Nope I don't hate you. I admire you for setting your mind on something, going for it full force, and being sucessful. I somewhat feel your pain as well. My uncle opened a car dealership in southern Indiana about 20 years ago. After many years of hard times and struggling, his business boomed and he was able to open another store. Now he owns a total of 10 car dealerships, has an enormous house, and gorgeous things. He worked hard to get where he is now and at one point it looked like even his 1 car dealership wasn't going to make it. That is SUPPOSED to be the American dream. But for some reason people feel that if you are rich you are a horrible person and should be punished for having more money than everyone else. My uncle pays $70,000 in taxes every year. US's new motto should be, "If you make up to 250,000 a year good for you, but if its more than that...you are bad and we're gonna take it."
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 6:35 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Define rich
    Anonymous

• no i dont hate you but what do you do for a living?
    Anonymous