tmi...15month old diarrhea

my 15 month old's diarrhea smelt like fish...TMI im sorry but thats not how it normally smells...to worry or not to worry, why does it smell bad like fish? He hasnt eaten fish or anything new...I cut juices out and he was having good diapers and all of a sudden this.

Bugsmommy1908

Asked by Bugsmommy1908 at 6:31 PM on May. 1, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My 21 month old recently had diarrhea and it was pretty stinky. I can't remember exactly what it smelled like. I would just keep an eye on your child and make sure it stops soon. He shouldn't go more than 10 times a day. (I still think that's a lot, but that's what his Dr. said) I ended up having to take my son to the ER for dehydration. I kept taking him to the Dr. trying to avoid it, but they didn't think it was serious. My son didn't want to eat/drink anything that's why he got dehydrated. Please don't let that happen, it's the worst thing to see your children sick/in pain.
    Anonymous

• I wont..he is eating and drinking everything. When he goes a couple days with diarrhea I usually give him a little bit of pedialite..havent yet though. THANK YOU
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 8:49 PM on May. 1, 2009