8 Month Olds

What activities do you do with your 8 month old? And what toys does he/she like? If anything like my son, it's anything that they aren't supposed to have. =) I just need some new ideas to get me through the day. Thanks in advance! =)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:34 PM on May. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I really didn't like (and neither did my son) the soft toys for children that age. I started buying my son toys that made lights and sounds and taught the ABC's, numbers, colors and shapes. He adored pushing the buttons and I have to say he has learned SO much from them!

He's now a bit over two and knows all his ABC's by sight, can recite the alphabet, can tell you the sound each makes. He can count to 75. He knows all the average and some not so average shapes and same goes for colors.

We like: Alphabet Town by Vtech right now.
    At 8 months or so he liked: Leap Frog Telephonics and Fisher Price Laugh and Learn Phone and Leap Frog Baby Counting Pal (I had this from the time he was a month old.)
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 7:03 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Yeah i agree on the wanting anything they can't have. Max will come in the bathroom when I am getting ready and try to knock over the trash can. the storm door is his new favorite. He bangs on it, yells at things outside, and tries to bite the door. It is pretty funny. As far as actual toys he like the stacking rings, any books, a toy that looks like a baseball tee and has a little bat, anything that lights up or plays music.
    Liz0808

Answer by Liz0808 at 11:07 PM on May. 1, 2009