I dont know what to do anymore...HELP!!

My 4yr old son has been potty trained for well over a year and for the past 2 months or so he has been peeing everywhere.
He pees on the floor, in the litter box(its always cleaned) ,on his brothers bed, on his brother, and on the couch.
He constantly gets into stuff and sneaks things, he is so exhausting to be around.
I just sat and cried today because i dont know what to do.
He is a sweet child and my baby , but i am so tired of cleaning up pee.
He doesnt pee the bed at night but maybe 1 a month or less .
I am a SAHM so he gets lots of attention and i do things with him all the time.
My oldest DS is 10 and he has ADHD and ODD but he never did anything like this he just pees the bed 4 out of 7 nights a week.
Any ideas of what to do or what the prob could be?
I have an appt. on thur with the family doc so if anyone has any ideas i can talk with him.

dita

Asked by dita at 6:45 PM on May. 1, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I'd wonder if it's psychological in some way. Maybe this is his way of showing some sort of psychological stress?
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 6:49 PM on May. 1, 2009

• like what?
    dita

Answer by dita at 6:53 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Has anything changed in his routine lately. Have new things been introduced to him. Anything at all? That's the only thing I could think of that would make him do this. It could simply be rebellion too. Pushing limits, they may be small, but they are clever like that.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 6:57 PM on May. 1, 2009

• i babysit my nephew once in a while, 1-2 times per week. besides that no.
    he doesnt respond well to changes though, he had a complete melt down when his bedroom was rearanged at my moms and he will flip out if he builds a machine or a plane with his legos and someone messes it up . you would think he was just punched by the way it upsets him.
    dita

Answer by dita at 7:02 PM on May. 1, 2009

• He sounds a lot like my sons. They both have adhd, though. But they are both very detail oriented, so they get upset when someone messes up something they work really hard on. I find that I have to make a special space for them, on the counter or something, where they can put things like that and no one but them is allowed to touch them. It gives them some control and seems to help a little with that. It does sound like your son is maybe trying to get attention or rebel in some way. I would look really hard and see if anything, even something really, really minor that you don't think is a big deal, has changed.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 7:17 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I would try having him help clean up the pee. Of course, you shouldn't treat it as a punishment, unless he clearly pees to anger you. I would matter of factly say time to clean up, and hand him a towel.
    Anonymous

• i have been babysitting my nephew for a little while but only 1-2 times per week.
    besides this nothing has changed.
    dita

Answer by dita at 11:10 PM on May. 1, 2009

• **************BUMP***************
    dita

Answer by dita at 12:37 AM on May. 2, 2009

• I babysat a boy that did this. And he did it because he could. His mom cleaned upthe mess, and would just tell him that it was wrong and that he needed to potty in the toilet... but that was it. The boy would just pee in everything. His dad was in the military and when he got home and saw what was going on, he refused to let his wife clean the messes, he made the boy clean all the messes up himself. Then he tried to pee on the cat and his dad spanked his butt for it, make him clean the mess up ( missed that cat, got the hard wood floor)... and it just never happend again after that.

my oldest peed in a cup while playing outside when he was... four...maybe 3.5 because he didn't want to come inside. DH made it clear that if he ever peed in anything other then a toilet again, that he would recive a spanking, would clean it iup, and spend quality time in timeout... never had it happen again.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 2:39 AM on May. 2, 2009

• www.feingold.org

Answer by rkoloms at 8:35 AM on May. 2, 2009