What do you all think of this........

I saw a boy at playgound the other day and he couldnt talk that well and he was flapping his arms as he sorta tried to run (very slow) - is that autism? The reason why I am asking is because I am not even sure what autism is.

Oh also he looked about 3 years old.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:35 PM on May. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It could be but there are so many disorders that fall under the spectrum, so I don't want to say YES that's it!!!

My son who is twelve now was diagnosed with pervasive developmental disorder when he was three. That is an autism spectrum disorder. There are four others apergers symdrome, ryes syndrome and childhood disentegrative disorder. All of these have similar characteristics, but all cases are very different.

Next time you see him you can just ask. I honestly prefer people to ask me then I can share my sons story and spread a little awareness. If you have any other questions feel free to ask me. You can pm me any time.
    violaswamp

Answer by violaswamp at 7:44 PM on May. 1, 2009

• no its probably not autism.
    My niece has autism and shes normal, other than the fast that she would rather play by herself than with others and she is a little bit slower learning things
    Anonymous

• fact* not fast
    Anonymous

• It could be, but "autism" is a HUGE spectrum. My husband's cousin's son is 3 and he doesn't talk very well and has some physical developmental problems. As of right now, they haven't diagnosed him autistic...just delayed.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 8:41 PM on May. 1, 2009