HEY CM-what's with the 'Blessed Beltane' on my page!!!

Cafe Mom:

WHY is there (what is known to most as ) a 'May Pole' on every Cafe Mom page, when, it is described as 'blessed beltane' in Sweet Peas (under 'New')??

Why would a seemingly innocent 'May Pole' appear on EVERY page, yet have children appear with the same May Pole and the words 'blessed beltane' in Sweet Peas?

The format will not allow a sweet pea to appear in the 'question', so I'll post it as an answer.

P.S. I've posted this here in P&CE for the Current Events aspect of it. I might also post it in Religion & Beliefs.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:38 PM on May. 1, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Here's the 'sweet pea' I was referring to:

beltane

Anonymous

• At christmas time isn't there Christmas trees and valentines hearts and so on. Whats the deal OP?
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 7:41 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Because today is Beltane?
    Anonymous

• why does it matter and what harm is it causing you?
    Anonymous

• There is also an advertisment for ice cream and Kmart and.....whats your point. Its Beltane or May Day. Don't like it there be the door
    Anonymous

• Go crawl under a rock op.
    Anonymous

• Whats the big deal?
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 7:46 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I'm not sure I understand.  Are you not familiar with Beltane?

SotilSol

Answer by SotilSol at 7:47 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Beltane or Beltaine(pronounced /ˈbÉ›ltÉ™n/, orgin Old Irish) is the anglicised spelling of Bealtaine (Irish pronunciation: [ˈbʲal̪ˠt̪ˠənʲə]) or Bealltainn ([ˈbʲal̪ˠt̪ˠən]), the Gaelic names for either the month of May or the festival that takes place on the first day of May.

In Irish Gaelic the month of May is known as Mí Bealtaine or Bealtaine and the festival as Lá Bealtaine ('day of Bealtaine' or, 'May Day'). In Scottish Gaelic the month is known as either (An) Cèitean or a' Mhàigh, and the festival is known as Latha Bealltainn or simply Bealltainn. The feast was also known as Céad Shamhain or Cétshamhainin from which the word Céitean derives.
    Anonymous

• As an ancient Gaelic festival, Bealtaine was celebrated in Ireland, Scotland and the Isle of Man. There were similar festivals held at the same time in the other Celtic countries of Wales, Brittany and Cornwall. Bealtaine and Samhain were the leading terminal dates of the civil year in Ireland though the latter festival was the more important. The festival survives in folkloric practices in the Celtic Nations and the Irish diaspora, and has experienced a degree of revival in recent decades.
    Anonymous