Can someone crafty help me????

Last year for mothers day I did framed scrapbook pages for my mom and mother in law and want to do something similar this year, but have 10 pictures that really cant be trimmed down alot so I dont think a big frame will do. I was going to buy posterboard and cover it with scrapbook pages and so on, but do you have any ideas as to what I can do to the edges so it doesnt look cheap and tacky??? All I could think of is gluing on ribbon or something??? Any ideas??

asholan_07

Asked by asholan_07 at 7:38 PM on May. 1, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• You could use the ribbon to make the edges look more streamlined. They also make little things you can use to hold the pics down. Could you maybe cut hearts and stuff out and put them over the edges of the pics to kind of tie them together? Or, you could use yarn and make it look like they are tied together. Just some thoughts.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 7:42 PM on May. 1, 2009

• You could buy one of those really big picture frames...at Wal-Mart they're in the picture frame aisle further down from the small ones usually. That's what my husband did for a painting he made for me out of a cardboard piece.
    Haidens_Mama

Answer by Haidens_Mama at 7:55 PM on May. 1, 2009

• perhaps you can get one of those picture frames that has different cut outs for photos and use your scrapbooking items on the white cut out board, that way you can use the photos in their original size but still give it a nice large scrapbook page look in a nice frame
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 8:13 PM on May. 1, 2009

• You could find some matte board and matte the whole poster (Michaels, or Hobby Lobby), You could frame it with shape cutouts, or themed cutouts, or a poem about Moms?
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 8:30 PM on May. 1, 2009

• how about a wall blanket with the pictures put in with ribbon. Just get the fabrics you want. Make a blanket. and cut the ribbons to fit the pictures. (you can also by the blankets premade at places like collectionsetc.com or lakeside.com)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:23 AM on May. 3, 2009