If you live on the bottom floor of an apartment building...

Don't you HATE it when the upstairs neighbors run around? Eeep. So annoying. It sounds like they're wrestling up there.

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 7:40 PM on May. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• AHHHH!!! our first apartment was awful for this reason. The lady above us had like 5 kids in a 2 bed room. They ran around ALL the time, and kept their music and tv so loud all the time. I cant tell you how many saturday mornings I got woken up at 7 am by blaring loud rap music.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 7:48 PM on May. 1, 2009

• After DH and I were married, I moved into his apartment. He had a lower unit in a 2 story building. Our neighbor above us was a single woman, but would always slam her doors and would be so loud when she was working out. It was really annoying. I did like not having to go up and down the stairs all the time though, that might have equalized the noise above :)
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 7:54 PM on May. 1, 2009

• When we lived in apartments we always chose the second floot. So I am sure we were guilty of noise.
    Sometimes you just can't help it, and as we all know, kids are so heavy footed.
    violaswamp

Answer by violaswamp at 8:15 PM on May. 1, 2009

• My apartment is messed up I live in a duplex type thing and my neighbors bedroom is over my living room and my bedroom is over their kitchen needless to say we hear everything
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 8:43 PM on May. 1, 2009

• One time when I was visiting my grandma at her apartment, It was one of the complexes for seniors. Her apt. was ground floor and the woman above her had a very active sex life. I stayed for a weekend and I asked gram if this happens all the time and she said every night. Blew my mind but I think that is great for a woman in her 70's to still get it on. You couldn't help but hear the bed squeak. I laughed my butt off
    CasualCandles

Answer by CasualCandles at 8:58 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I hate it when I can hear the music of the person below me. I do not let my children run around, but the floors squeak and my last neighbor was quick to beat on the ceiling if a floorboard so much as groaned.. She probably hates that she hears us having sex too. Oh well..She's gone and the new neighbor will be in for a surprise. Funny thing is, every time I see her, I ask if my kids have been bothering her or whatever.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:09 PM on May. 1, 2009

• That's why I hated apartment living. {shudders}
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:23 AM on May. 2, 2009