Weird....

I'm due July 6th, so I'm about seven months pregnant. I was walking around today and suddenly my legs started to go numb. I mean it felt like they were completly asleep and it actually started to hurt to walk after a couple of minutes! I sat down and when I did my feet turned BRIGHT red. Has anyone else ever had this happen? What the hell is going on?

ajguinn

Asked by ajguinn at 7:44 PM on May. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• sciatic nerve maybe might explain the numbness, but bright red......I would probably worry about a blood clot.
    Anonymous

• "I" would think it would have to do with your blood circulation, but of course I don't know. Call your Dr if it dosen't get better though.
    Anonymous

• It could be vericose veins. I had this happen to me when I was around 6 months pregnant. I was shopping and my left thigh went numb, but like the falling asleep numb and I had to massage it to get back the feeling. I mentioned it to my OB and she noticed a small faint vein on my left thigh she said was probably turning into a vericose vein. It didn't get really big at all, actually it was quite small, but if I was on my feet for a long time, it would periodically go numb. Very annoying :)
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 7:49 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Oh god, I hope not vericose veins! The women on my mothers side get those...and their legs all look like road maps! ......Oh I really hope it's not that!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 7:51 PM on May. 1, 2009

• that happened to me. i was at a soccer practice though. i had the laughing/crying even though it hurt. I couldnt walk for a good while, couldt feel my legs just the tingling. it was horrible.
    Anonymous