Baby really sick...

So my almost 16 week old son has been throwing up almost everything he eats and cries in pain and isn't digesting anything. We have been to the doc and they are trying to figure it out but what can I do to make him more comfortable? It absolutely kills me to hear him scream and know he is in pain and not be able to help him. Please help any ideas are welcome.

AMmarie20

Asked by AMmarie20 at 7:54 PM on May. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• try a warm pack on his stomach, or giving him a pacifier to help him calm down. What are you trying to feed him? Is he on formula or breast milk?
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 7:57 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I know it is difficult to do but our babies can pick up in our feelings and if you are stressed that could be stressing your child more, carry him and reasure him he will be okay, rob his tummy and try to be calm. If water suits him put water running and let him touch the water. most importantly you set up the atmosphere if you are stress he will feel it. Try to be calm while they are figuring out keep him hydrated and burp him by gently and softly patting his back, maybe is gas, that can make them hurt and cry alot. Rob his hands, get close to his face and tell him to breath with you, put his hand in your chest so he can feel your heart bit. And talk to him.

I am sorry he is not feeling good but you already took him to the doctors, now you need to comfort him with tons of love and tons of reasurance that he'll be okay because mammy is tehre to make it better.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 8:10 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Go to the E.R or make another doctor appt.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 8:10 PM on May. 1, 2009

• He is breastfeed. We have been through a list of things. We gave him formula for a couple of days thinking that it might be something in my milk but he spit up even worse. So I started taking things out of my diet like dairy and meat and that didn't change anything so we thought he was eating to much and we dropped how much he was eat by two ounces and that just made him mad. I just don't know what to do. One good thing is that the test to see if he had a pyloric stinosis came back normal. But I am so frustrated because it feels like we are back at square one. AAAHHHH I hate when he is sick. I wish I could take it from him and make him better.
    AMmarie20

Answer by AMmarie20 at 8:25 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I know mama, we all feel the same way. Well take the pain instead of seeing them hurt any day. He is so young that I have to agree with going to the ER or making another appointment. At this stage he is still fragile and very much depending on you so better to be the overly concerned parent than the alternative. Call the doctor, speak with nurses ask them what else can be going on, go to the ER if your gut instinct tells you something else is going on. how about trying to calm him down? Is ti working?
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 8:32 PM on May. 1, 2009

• i would call the er instead of going in..dont want to chance LO of being in contact w someone who could possibly have swine flu
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 12:00 AM on May. 2, 2009

• Go to the emergency room and get him evaluated. I am sure if anyone is suspected of having swine flu, they would be insolated. I wouldn't worry. Take along antibactarical hand gel and wash your hands often... make sure the doctor washes hands before touching your baby.
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 11:25 AM on May. 3, 2009