DAD AND BABY

WE CANNOT FIGURE OUT WHAT IS GOING ON... MY DF GETS HOME FROM WORK AND PLAYS WITH THE BABY FOR A LITTLE WHILE AND THE BABY IS FINE... BUT LATER ON AROUND 5 OR 6 HE DOESNT WANT ANYTHING TO DO WITH HIM... HE TRIES TO FEED HIM AS HE IS BOTTLE FED BUT MY LITTLE BOY WILL JUST CRY THEN THE SECOND I TAKE HIM HE STOPS AND WILL EAT... WHAT IS GOING ON? CAN ANY ONE HELP ME

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 8:33 PM on May. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• probably the mommy bond.. my daughter does it too.
    alot of kids will .
    my son did it and grew out of it a couple months after he was born . i still was the only one that could calm him but he at least didnt cry anymore at his dad .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:36 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Make daddy the primary feeder during the evenings. Once he's home, baby is his, eventually baby will grow out of the fussing.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 8:38 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I have the same schedule every day when DF gets out of work its daddy and baby time til the last feeding before bed (i nurse). But with dinner he gets a bottle and fruit and daddy feeds him everynight and gets him ready for bed.
    MissNikki23

Answer by MissNikki23 at 8:45 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Our 6 week old is like that too. Daddy gets frustrated way more easily than I do, and I think she can pick up on that. Usually as soon as I try with her she settles down. Not always though!
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 10:47 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Max used to do something similar to this but I think it was more that David would get frustrated and I was trying to give him time to adjust. Man did I create a monster! He started just giving him to me if he cried so he always had happy fun baby and I always had grumpy tired unhappy baby. Fixed that one real quick!!
    Liz0808

Answer by Liz0808 at 10:59 PM on May. 1, 2009