whats the difference between glass pans verses metal pans?

so i picked up a couple of glass pans and i used them for the first time, i love it so much i regret picking up a box full of glass pans at a garage sale for $5.00. so my question is, why dont people use glass ones more? it seems a majority or people use metal pans.

americansugar80

Asked by americansugar80 at 9:20 PM on May. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't use my glass pans very often and I don't know why. They cook just as well as metal pans, but you usually have to add a few extra minutes to the cooking time because the glass pans are thicker than the metal pans. They aren't fun to clean, but I prefer to clean them because then you can SEE they are clean. With metal pans that have turned dark, it is hard to SEE if they are cleaned thoroughly.
    My favorite pans, though, are the ones I bought from Pampered Chef. Those are awesome!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:00 AM on May. 2, 2009

• One you use them more, you will understand. They break easily, get all nastied up
    Anonymous

• I have a glass pan that I use to make cakes. It's awesome! I don't like the metal kind.
    Anonymous

• I like glass but after I fell in love with it and then broke it, I went back to metal.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 9:30 PM on May. 1, 2009

• The glass ones are hard to clean...ever try to get stuck-on lasagna off of one? The matal pans tend to be cheaper and are easier to clean.
    Anonymous

• lol...the ones that are POTS not baking ones.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 9:36 PM on May. 1, 2009

• oh man! i have been searching for glass pots everywhere!!! thrift shops garage sales everywhere and i cant find them- the ones they sell online are way too expensive- i love glass- and i really wish i could find them- and the ones that u bake with really arent that hard to clean- get a mr cleam magic eraser- my glass baking dishes are spotless thanks to that bald man! lol
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 10:01 PM on May. 1, 2009