My daughter has started having anxiety issues this week, she has never had any problems before, and all of a sudden she won't go to school or leave our sides.

She is fine when she is with us or at home but when she goes to school she starts crying and streaming that she doesn't want to stay, she even did it with her grandma today who she spends lots of time with and loves dearly. Any advice is much appreciated.

jparn04

Asked by jparn04 at 9:22 PM on May. 1, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• Did she cry when she was going with her grandmother or did she cry when her grandmother was taking her to school? If the only time she's crying is when she's leaving you to go to school and not other places, I would guess she's having a bully problem and doesn't want to tell you. If she's crying anytime she has to leave you, it could just be seperation anxiety. Babies go through it. I would assume that a child of any age could. Just talk to her about it.
    dhalinka

Answer by dhalinka at 9:26 PM on May. 1, 2009

• How old is your daughter?
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 9:30 PM on May. 1, 2009

• did you ask her if someone may have hurt her.. i would check into that. that is weird how it came on all of a sudden. and it could be like the previous poster said. she could have a bully at school. call the school and ask around.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 9:33 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I would find out what is happening at school. My son did this for 3 years on and off. It was because he was being bullied and hated school. It also didn't help that his 1st grade teacher was picking on him, calling him stupid, deaf and lazy in front of the other students. Talk to the teacher to find out if anything is going on or if she could keep an eye on your daughter. Also talk to the school counsleor and principal. Good luck!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:37 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I this is something totally new, she was never like this before, then I would be worried that something has happened....sit her down and talk to her. First tell her how much you love her, make her feel loved and safe and like she can open up and talk to you about anything.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 12:30 AM on May. 2, 2009

• i would asume that she is 9-10.same age as my daughter.im thinking there is a bully in the midst.maybe not bullying her but someone.my daughter was upset because someone was bullying her best friend.
    raineydays377

Answer by raineydays377 at 10:04 AM on May. 2, 2009

• I would visit the school asap! something is going on . Try to talk with her too
    Newbegginings04

Answer by Newbegginings04 at 2:43 AM on May. 3, 2009