Curious

How much does your or did your 8 to 9mth old weigh and how long/tall.
Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:45 PM on May. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 8-9 months my son was between 26 and 27", and weighed between 15 and 16 lbs!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 9:48 PM on May. 1, 2009

• He hasn't been weighed since 6 months and he was 16lbs and some ounces. I'm gonna guess he's somewhere around 18lbs now?? But I could be way off. I know next week.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 9:55 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Oh and he was 27inches, and I'm sure he's grown since then!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 9:56 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Im just curious my son will be 9 mths on the 9th of this mth I weighed him today at my dads he weighed 18.5 lbs, my doc had said he was under weight at 6mths (16.1 lbs) I dont think he is under maybe just not a big boy.
    Anonymous

• At 9 mo. my DD was 28 in and 21lbs.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 10:43 PM on May. 1, 2009

• ok I feel better now! My son is 8 1/2 months old and he is about 18 lbs not sure exactly how long but he has always been long for his age. People act like he is small. Even innocent comments from strangers bug me. A lady at target said Her son was so much bigger and "they don't miss a meal." It shouldn't bug me but it did. It felt like she was implying that I don't feed my child! sorry got a little off track.
    Liz0808

Answer by Liz0808 at 10:51 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Okay, my LO weighed in at a whopping 14 8oz at her 9 mo check up and was 25 1/4 inches. She was approx the same size as an average 5 mo old. I don't believe that there is a over weight or under weight for babies. You feed them when they are hungry and you just let them grow at their own pace. Most docs don't take into consideration the child's genes when they look at growth charts. If your child is making their own curve then let them be. We are well below the 5th percentile and she is happy as can be and meeting all her milestones (except for climbing on furniture but she is too short) on time or ahead of schedule.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:56 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I would find a new doc, or just ignore yours! Doctors push WAYYY too much for fat babies. If YOUR not worried, he's developing fine, and most importantly having plenty of wet and poopy diapers, then dont push him to eat more than he wants to.

At my daughters nine month check up she weighed sixteen pounds, maybe a little under. I dont remember how long she was. She's now a year and weighs seventeen pounds. She's small, but she's healthy, and I have a wonderful doctor who trusts me and my motherly instincts :)

If he's breastfed, check out the growth charts on kellymom.com. Their more accurate to breastfed babies, as the growth charts at the doctors offices are based on formula fed babies, who are often bigger.
    kate_jocelyn

Answer by kate_jocelyn at 11:44 PM on May. 1, 2009

• LOL ! MY DAUGHTER IS 3 MONTHS AND 24 AND A HALF INCHES LONG AND 11 LBS. HER PEDI SAYS SHE IS FINE, I WOULDNT WORRY UNLESS YOUR BABIES DOC SAYS OTHERWISE
    jschrage

Answer by jschrage at 11:54 PM on May. 1, 2009

• dont worry, my daughter has always been tall and skinny. she weighed about 16 pounds at 9 months. i cant remember her height but she is always around the 90th percentile for height. at 16 months she was about 24 pounds and in the 97th percintile for height.

sarahrm

Answer by sarahrm at 12:39 AM on May. 2, 2009