Could I qualify for disability?

I'm 7 months pregnant with my second child and my tailbone feels like its broken. I can't sit, or lay down without it constantly throbbing in pain. I am always in pain and it doesn't get better because I have a 20 month old to take care of. Any kind of pressure I put on it just makes it worse. I've called urgent care and the emergency room and they won't x-ray me because of the pregnancy. There is no possible way I could work in this condition. I filed an app online for disability temporary check but I screwed up the other part so I have to call them Monday. My ob said even if its broken there is nothing to do because I am pregnant. Does anyone know if I could qualify for disability compensation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:52 PM on May. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'm not 100 percent sure, but even if you have pre-eclampsia, other things that are pregnacy related that prevent you from working, you wont qualify. Broken bones are temporary.
    Anonymous

• Is there some reason you think you broke it? I had a cyst on my tailbone years ago and it sounds like what you are going through. It something your born with and it just develops one day into this throbbing terrible pain. I had to have mine surgically removed. Your doctor should really check out the area to rule that out and it won't take an xray to see it. good luck
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 10:13 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Hard to tell with a tailbone. Those you can't fix, there are people who can collect it because of broken tailbones. Its temporary disability though, til its healed. But it can take years for a broken tailbone to heal. Anything that can put you out of work, you should be able to collect.
    Anonymous