Tell me about your candle business! PLEASE!!

I want a candle business. I don't want to be required to do parties. I need to know what it's going to cost to start, and how much I'm required to pay every month and how much I'm required to sell each month/quarter...

Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:25 PM on May. 1, 2009 in Money & Work

• I am an independent distributor with Mia Bella Candles. This is my business so the best part is I can work it any way I want. You don't have to do parties, I don't. You can earn an income 3 ways-retailing, fundraising and team building, your choice if you want to do one or all three. The start up cost is based on how much product you want to have on hand and ranges from $49.95 to $399.90 depending on the kit you pick. The monthly cost is $39.95, you will receive the new candle scent that month, a gourmet bar of soap and your website. There are no quotas to meet. Visit my website for more information and send me a message if you have any other questions. www.HomeAtMiaBella.com

Good luck in your search.

Kari
    Kari126

Answer by Kari126 at 10:47 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I can email you the May promotion (just send me a email to rmcorns@gmail.com)
    In brief:
    Gold Canyon Candles~
    You can sign up for free this month two different ways. The first way is you can get the full kit (which includes over $300 in candles and business needs to get you started) for free when you do $700 in sales your first 30 days or you can get the sampler kit (which includes all the sample scents, we have over 100 different scents in our catalog, plus business needs) for free when you do only $350 in sales your first 30 days. GC wants us to do $450 in sales every three months to stay active.
    I can email you the May promotion, just email me at rmcorns@gmail.com
    I love this company...not only do they have the Finest! Candles but a natural home cleaning line called Homeology www.BegreenCleanBlue.com
    www.mygc.com/mariannecorns
    I'd love to talk with you :) Have a great weekend.
    Marianne531

Answer by Marianne531 at 11:20 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Pick something to sell that people will buy. Candles aren't something that is booming right now. Unless you make them yourself and take them to fairs and stuff you aren't going to make much money if any without doing parties.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on May. 2, 2009

• ok...anon...how can you say candles aren't booming! My candle business is doing AWESOME as is the rest of my team!
    Momm2Princess

Answer by Momm2Princess at 9:03 AM on May. 2, 2009

• You can start with DiamondCreek Candles. It sounds like this could be what you're looking for. Try our 30 day free trial, and if you like us it's as low as $5 to maintain your web page. Our catalog is online, so you don't need to buy a thousand catalogs every month and pass them out to people, parties are purely optional, and you have NO quotas! Inventory is also optional. It's nice to have some samples on hand, but you can order them at a discount, and, again, it's not REQUIRED that you buy anything at all! We have a great team, and a very strong support system in 3 forums! PM me for more information, or Click Here to see my journal ad or here to go directly to our web site.

motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 9:15 AM on May. 2, 2009

• I agree with momm2princess candles are an awesome way to make money! You don't have to make them yourself to make money off of them. Gold Canyon offers other ways to sell candles other than parties, fundraisers, website sales, catalog orders.
    Tarabon

Answer by Tarabon at 9:46 AM on May. 2, 2009

• Sex sells better than Candles...especially in a down economy! Start up is very low: $250, earn 40%- you can maintain an online website and sell the products that way if you'd like rather than doing the home parties (although that is where you'll make your real money, and it's a minimal time investment for the payout!) The website is only $29/month and you really don't have a monthly quota, I think you just have to sell $300 every six months or so- It's a great opportunity and the demand is there!
    Check it out here:
    http://yourpassionconsultant.com/consultants/missalisha/consultant.html
    I made an extra $600 last month and only spent about 8 hours of my time. Fantastic!!
    Email me or call me and I can give you the low down!
    888-301-1575
    feb14daily@gmail.com
    feb14daily

Answer by feb14daily at 5:15 PM on May. 2, 2009

• Hey There! I own my own successful gift business and I have a large product line of candles that are super popular! You can take a peak at my one of my online stores here: B2BH GIFTS.  I have over 3,000 items in inventory.  They are not all listed on my site.  I put things up as I can.  Most things are available through catalog purchases.  You can even do this with any other candle business you get into.. you'll just have additional candles to sell which means more chances of making more mone. You do not have to pay anything to start. I don't charge my reps unless they want to be subwholesalers or own their own business.  Then they would pay a refundable $40 deposit. Other than that I only charge for materials after the first set I provide or any additional that you want.  You can go to http://www.blessed2behome.org/jobs.htm

blessed2behome

Answer by blessed2behome at 3:53 AM on May. 4, 2009

• Scentsy!

I am with Scentsy....a Wickless Candle Company.  No soot..no flames...no danger. These are warmers that use a light bulb to lightly warm the soft wax not burn it. They are infused with natural & escentual oils.  So your family isnt breathing harsh chemicals....especially those with allergies. Room sprays & car fresheners as well!

Start up only $99 & FREE Warmer for joining my Team!

Kahne Witham

www.scentsy.com/kahne

Kahne

Answer by Kahne at 1:03 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I sell Scentsy candles as well and I love them! The really sell themselves and it isn't really expensive to sign up and they do not push you as hard as most of the companies with minimum sales per month. If you want any info just email me. Kairacheyenne@aol.com

www.scentsy.com/karaday
    cheyegirl82

Answer by cheyegirl82 at 5:56 PM on Jul. 26, 2009