help me make up my mind

hubby said for mothers day he will either get me a WII or DS, but i cannot decide on what to get? What would you get or what do you like better? We were at the store today looking and I just cannot make up my mind help me. What should I get?

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 10:25 PM on May. 1, 2009 in Shopping

• I think as an adult I enjoy the DS better. It has some pretty neat grown up games like Solitare Overload---I'm hooked on Baker's Dozen and Freecell. It IS nice to have something that will just slip into your purse.
    toomanypoodles

Answer by toomanypoodles at 1:10 AM on May. 4, 2009

• We have a Wii and love it.
    Anonymous

• I want a Wii. You can lose weight and have fun at the same time. Score!!
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 10:30 PM on May. 1, 2009

• hmm, that would be hard, my daughter has a DS and you can take that with you. Waiting at the Dr's office, or sitting in the car waiting for child to get out of scouts, school, sports, dance, etc. but the Wiis are cool. I guess it would come down to what games were available to each one and what kind you like to play.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 10:33 PM on May. 1, 2009

• well i dont really need to lose weight though lol
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 10:33 PM on May. 1, 2009

• It depends on what you like to do. The DS you can take with you but the Wii has games that are more interactive. We have the Wii and 4 DS's. We use them all constantly. One thing that is fun about the DS's is that if you are with someone who has one there are some games that you can use the WiFi feature with and play with each other.
    Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 11:48 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I have a Wii and love it! If you can swing it get the board too. The snowboarding game, yoga etc are so fun.
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 12:46 AM on May. 2, 2009

• I have the DS and several puzzle games, I love it, can take it anywhere and it fights off boredom when waiting on doctors appts with my Mother. I've read online reviews of the new DS and everyone is saying it isnt worth it.
    pinkcalla721

Answer by pinkcalla721 at 1:17 AM on May. 2, 2009

• Is it something that you want to involv the whole family in or is it just something for Mommy. With the Wii it is something that the whole family would benifit from. On the other hand the DS is something that is more of a personal thing where you are playing by yourself. That is how I would make my decision.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 4:39 AM on May. 2, 2009

• I have a DS, but I know now they have the iDS (I think is what it's called), but I don't know anything about it. I love my DS, but I only have one game for it (Brain Age lol and I want the Tinkerbell game haha I'm such a little kid). DH has like 4 games for it...grrrr....Anyway, I think that the Wii is awesome. I'd probably play it less often than I do my DS, though, but that's only because I'm not much of a gamer. With a DS, you can take it with you. The Wii has a lot more options, though, doesn't it? Weigh your pros and cons of each and see which one comes out with more pros or the least cons. Good luck and enjoy whichever you get!
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 9:07 AM on May. 2, 2009