is my baby abnormally big. lol

in all the baby books and everything i see online at 18 weeks the baby is supposed to be 5-7 oz and 51/2 inches long, and mine is 9 oz and 11 inches long, and i saw online that at 20 weeks the baby is supposed to be 10 oz and 7 inches long, so does that mean my baby is going to be big. ?

mommy2be1308

Asked by mommy2be1308 at 10:42 PM on May. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• the ultrasounds are just estimates. it isn't 100% accurate. a few ounces isn't a big deal. don't worry about it.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 11:14 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Are your doctors concerned at all because this does not sound right.
    Do you poss. have your due date wrong?
    bristle3kids

Answer by bristle3kids at 10:44 PM on May. 1, 2009

• What percentile do the doctors say your baby is in? I wouldn't worry as long as they aren't concerned.
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 11:03 PM on May. 1, 2009

• gest. diebetes?
    Anonymous

• You want to make sure you are tested for gestational diabetes. It causes babies to gain weight rapidly and be extra large at birth if not treated.
    If you end up with GD just make sure to follow the diet exactly. I had it with my second pregnancy and they estimated my baby to be 7lbs at 32 weeks. Most babies are only about 4.5lbs at 32 weeks. I followed the GD diet and delivered a healthy 9.1lb baby. I can't imagine how big he would have been if I hadn't known about the GD.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 11:21 PM on May. 1, 2009

• yeah the ultrasounds arent always totally accurate- my middle was estimated to be about 9 pounds a week before delivery and he was only just about 8 when he was born- so i wouldnt worry too much- he might even out- also all the baby books are usually just averages- genetics can play a big role in the size of a baby- so as long as the docs arent worried then i wouldnt be worried either
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 12:15 AM on May. 2, 2009