I'm Feeling Overwhelmingly Depressed...

What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:43 PM on May. 1, 2009 in Health

• See your Dr.
    Anonymous

• This is a very simple answer to what could be a very complex problem but this is what I DID =
    I started tanning a few days a week. Now that its finnally getting warm here I try to sit out and get some sun everyday. Not alot of outdoor sun just like 10-20 minutes a day. WOW it did wonders and You look a little better too. GL.
    bristle3kids

Answer by bristle3kids at 10:49 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I go thru spurts when I am really down. It has gotten worse as I've gotten older. Not sure why. Hormone spikes? I should prolly see my doctor too, but I don't want to take antidepresants and I don't want to go to therapy. Just let me suffer alone I say LOL. It always passes, I just watch something funny or go exercise. I HATE to exercise, but I swear to you. The endorphins really really do cheer you up. Good luck. Oh and eat some chocolate. :)
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 10:52 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I agree with the above. I've battled depression my whole life and never taken meds. Nothing wrong with them, it's just not for me. I deal with it by keeping busy, excercising, having a latte (which makes me happy) and the sun is SO important. Take a D supplement at least 1000 ius. Next time you're at the doc have them check your D level. You have to wake up each day and have a cup of tea, go walk and kill a little time. Set a goal, join a book club or do something you like to do and that will brighten your day or buy a lipstick. Always a quick fix at making you feel better. If it persists, see a doctor and just take care of yourself.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:39 PM on May. 1, 2009

• It depends on how down you are. See a counselor or doctor as you say you feel extremely depressed.

In my experience, this type of thing is very hard to pull yourself out of without outside help. Once you get help and start feeling a little better then add these very good strategies that the ladies above are writing about.

dreyamom

Answer by dreyamom at 12:05 AM on May. 2, 2009