Can you use Dreft detergent in a front loading washer that needs HE detergent?

I am thinking about doing cloth diapering and wanted to know what detergent I can use with my front loading washer.

Zuko

Asked by Zuko at 11:07 PM on May. 1, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I have a detergent recipe that is both cloth diaper, and HE washing machine friendly, if you'd like it, please send me a message =)
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 11:08 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I think Dreft makes HE now too. Also, you can get ALL free and clear or another brand of free and clear HE.
    BritlovesAva

Answer by BritlovesAva at 11:52 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Also keep in mind that you don't need to use Dreft at all. Unless your baby has a reaction to your regular detergent, you don't need it. And remember that she will be rubbing against your clothes all day. Many moms who are concerned start out just switching the whole family to a dye and perfume free detergent.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:43 AM on May. 2, 2009

• I agree that you don't need to use dreft. It's too expensive for me! lol. We used ALL free and clear for a while. I loved it. We used it on all our clothes. But if want to use the Dreft, you can use non HE detergents in a front loader washer. Just before I got mine I had gotten a huge thing of detergent from sams. I was not going to waste it lol. Just use about half of what you normally would. Or less than half really. You don't want it to get to sudsy.
    Anonymous