Can smoking pot for the first time make your period late?

Mine is late about 5 days, and it is NEVER late. I took 5 pregnancy tests, all negetive. I started smoking pot this month and that is the only change I've made in my lifestyle. Has anyone experienced this or heard if it can cause your period to be late?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:38 PM on May. 1, 2009 in Health

• Not necessarily, but getting pregnant because you were high and sleeping around because you're not thinking straight can...
    Anonymous

• I don't think so. Stressing about getting caught or whatever can make it late, though.

Give it a few days and take another HPT.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:42 PM on May. 1, 2009

• TO ANSWER NUBER 1: Don't be so quick to judge. I'm married and have only slept with my husband but we like to smoke together. We always use condoms and all my pregnancy tests are negative.
    Anonymous

• No it can't.

But did you start smoking because you have a lot of stress you are trying to deal with? Stress CAN make your period late. There are also lots of other things which can make you late like hormonal imbalance, new medications, gaining or losing too much weight, ovarian cysts etc. Check with your doc if it goes on for too long.

dreyamom

Answer by dreyamom at 12:00 AM on May. 2, 2009

• I've been smoking off and on for about 30 years now, I have never had this issue. This probaly isn't the reason your late. There are lots of reason you could be late. Stress is a big one. Just relax and try not to worry about it and I bet you'll start soon.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on May. 2, 2009