when is sex okay after having an episiodomy

sweetbaby4464

Asked by sweetbaby4464 at 11:39 PM on May. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• I believe it is suggested 6-8 weeks.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 11:40 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I would check with your Doc
    Momoftwo278

Answer by Momoftwo278 at 11:41 PM on May. 1, 2009

• that is up to you. it took a few months for me to feel okay with the incision and sex had to happen slowly. You'll see what I mean if you try. it's the "entering" that is ouchy.
    Anonymous

• I believe it is suggested 6-8 weeks

When it's healed and doesn't hurt.
    NicMorgan

Answer by NicMorgan at 11:41 PM on May. 1, 2009

• lol i didnt wait very long.... it caused more bleeding... you are supposed to wait about 2 months...or until its healed and the stitches are gone....
    it might be awkward at first....but it will be fine. :)
    Have fun!!
    trystons_mommy

Answer by trystons_mommy at 11:44 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I waited 7 weeks I think. Boy, It still hurt then.
    lincsmom74

Answer by lincsmom74 at 11:48 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Most dr's will say 6 weeks, but it is up to you, whenever you feel your ready. I did it at 4 weeks. Just take it slow and easy the first time. As long as you don't have any visible stiches.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 12:02 AM on May. 2, 2009

• However long you choose to wait, use plenty of lube the first time or two. Otherwise, dry skin from your husband will pull on the incision and will cause pain.
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 12:06 AM on May. 2, 2009

• I think it depends on how big the episiotomy is, and if you've torn or irritated it at all. Everyone heals at different speeds and I didn't heal well and for months it still hurt me. Make sure when you decide to do it that you do use the lube, and that your man goes really slow and gentle for you the first few times atleast. If you're nursing you'll prolly be more dry, and it can be painful too.
    When you go in for your 6 wk check up the dr will tell you whether it's healed but again, mine still hurt for months but I was low on estrogen from nursing too.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 9:54 AM on May. 2, 2009

• 6 to 8 weeks just like I am sure they informed you at the Hospital..
    Anonymous