Is there any woman alive that......

is truly satisfied with their looks? I just can't seem to be. I am not ugly and I am thin and just got boobs but still find flaws! Why are woman like this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:43 PM on May. 1, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Because we're taught to be.

Sometimes I get annoyed with a flaw here and there, but I'm satisfied with my looks :) I like me :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:46 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I think it's all the media on the tv computers, mags, and anywhere constantly bombarding women and telling them you have to do this and that to be acceptable in society. Of course whats acceptable now is a far cry from what was acceptable when I was younger and A teen even. We didnt wear low cut and see thru tops-jeans falling off our hips, or show our undies no matter what they looked like.We were taught that all was advertising to the opposite sex and that any man who liked that style was to be avoided.
    Momoftwo278

Answer by Momoftwo278 at 11:50 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I was talking about this tonight with my dd and step dd, they are both pretty girls, but both of them were saying they didn't like their bodies. I asked them to pick just one body part that they felt was their best one. Neither of them could even pick one thing they liked about themselves. They are both in thier 20's, and are pretty. That is sad, that they are so dissatisfied with their looks. I told them they better start to appreciate thier looks, because between now and the next 5-10 years is their best years....as far as looks. My dd finally said the one thing she likes best about herself is her brain!!
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 12:00 AM on May. 2, 2009

• Not me. I can find a thousands things wrong that I'd fix but no one else really seems to notice these things. Most of its in our heads ladies.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on May. 2, 2009

• Though most of it has to do with our own views, men play a huge role in it too. If a husband truly loves his wife, she is more likely to feel okay about herself. However, take a woman that feels good about herself & give her a husband that won't have sex with her or desire her but looks at other women, her views about herself will eventually change for the worst. We need to love ourselves but we also need the love & acceptance of our husbands. A man with little character would rather look at the 20 yr old that is flaunting it than to appreciate the flaws of his beautiful wife (even if the flaws were caused by carrying his child/ren). A man with great character loves his wife & sees no flaws. His view of the 20 yr old flaunting it is sorrow for her shallowness.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:42 AM on May. 2, 2009

• My husband and I were talking about that yesterday. Women have been conditioned for a very long time to feel inferior and like they have to be a certain way to be beautiful. I think it began when people stopped thinking of women as (basically) sacred beings waaaay back in the day (thanks to the rise of male dominated religions). Since then, look what we've endured to "look good:" corsets, waxing, shaving, bleaching, acrylic and gel nails, botox, tummy tucks, breast and butt lifts, liposuction, breast implants, fad diets, eating disorders, etc. It's ridiculous. It's nice to know that there are a few women out there who love themselves, though. I get irked when I see my stretchmarks.....or look in the mirror at all....but I try to get over it.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 8:56 AM on May. 2, 2009

• society is to blame
    Anonymous