Mastitis/yeast/what foods to eat?

Here i go again, second time around with mastitis, UGH! The first round was shortly after i had my baby 8 weeks ago. My antibiotics ended giving my daughter thrush, and then diaper yeast. I ate alot of yogurt, so i thought. This time around i am planning on eating 3 yogurts a day hoping my dd doesn't get the thrush/yeast again.
I don't know why i am getting this again. I had it with my last daughter too, same boob and ducts every time....

My question is, what is the best foods and how much to eat when on antibiotics to lessen the chance of baby getting any yeast from my breastfeeding...?

LilStar9905

Asked by LilStar9905 at 11:46 PM on May. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• they have good or bad bacteria especially for when u take antibiotics. go to vitamin shop. also pump that boob 2 the last drop and when you take shower masage it under hot water or put hot towel on it.
    DaryaK

Answer by DaryaK at 11:59 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Oh my gosh, i had that. It was miserable!!!!!!!!! Take acidophilous (sp?) - you can get it at any drug store, or even Target or Walmart down the vitamin aisle. Works like yogurt - but better. Also, let your boobs air out when you can - to help them dry, since yeast grows in warm, wet environments. Like PP, hot showers/towel seemed to help. Ugh, the pain is miserable.... good luck!
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 9:04 AM on May. 2, 2009

• Like the last poster, I was going to suggest primadophilus. I just recently got it for Alex b/c he's on an antibiotic and it's causing diarrhea. I got it at Whole Foods. I'm not sure if you have one there, but I bet you can get it at Vitamin or health food stores too. I'm not sure if it will have the same affect through breast milk, but it's worth a shot.
    jjamom

Answer by jjamom at 5:08 PM on May. 2, 2009