I want to get off the Celexa

how can i do that?

Momoftwo278

Asked by Momoftwo278 at 11:55 PM on May. 1, 2009 in Health

• You need to talk to your doctor about it. You can't get off the meds just like that - you have to be weaned.
    Anonymous

• I dunno I just stopped taking mine and I was okay. It was just for mild post partum depression and I was just fine. Celexia is a very mild anti depressant, you won't have psychotic freak outs or something. You can't be "weaned" off it. You just stop taking it. If you feel like you are depressed again then just start taking it again.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 12:05 AM on May. 2, 2009

• I was on Celexa and hated it. I felt like I was on speed all the time. But I asked my doctor to switch me on something else and she put me on Welbutrin XL. Just talk to your doctor about it.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 12:06 AM on May. 2, 2009

• i agree with sarapurser, I was on it and ended up abusing it, cause it was like speed for me, I lost alot of weight....but I can't take the welbutrin, it made me puke constantly....I take Effexor...just talk to your doctor....
    maid4dogs

Answer by maid4dogs at 12:29 AM on May. 2, 2009