What is a natural recipe I can use to make a face scrub. I have acne and need to eliminate it. I am not allergic to anything. I will try anything.

wrknmomof3

Asked by wrknmomof3 at 11:55 PM on May. 1, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Don't scrub your face when you have acne!!! It'll piss it off and make it worse! I have a license for skin care. The best thing that works for acne is plain white dove soap. Dehydrating your skin irritates it and makes your oil glands over produce sebum! I know it sounds totally crazy but I swear it has worked for more people! Also if you wear make up change to bear minerals, you skin will get better.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 12:02 AM on May. 2, 2009

• I agree that you do not want to use a scrub on acne. I've been an esthetician for 31 years. I also agree that soap is too drying. Dove is a soap.
    It is important to understand that when beginning a new routine, you will most likey go through a phase of breaking out. What is really happenening is everything is being pulled to the surface - it's only temporary.
    The best thing you can do for your skin is drink plenty of water.
    Try this: Apply the Milk of Magnesia to face.
    Wash with cool washcloth after 10-15 minutes.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 7:01 AM on May. 2, 2009

• Drink lots of water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day. Eat lots of fruits and vegetables. Stay away from dairy.
    Wash your face twice a day with a very mild soap, like an unscented baby soap, and a soft washcloth. After washing, use a light, oil free moisturizer.
    Once a day, put a honey mask on your face; honey is a natural antibacterial. Every three days add a pinch of baking soda to the honey as a light exfoliant.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:14 AM on May. 2, 2009

• Get on a birth control pill. Worked great for me!
    Anonymous