What can I do to get my three year old...

We can't get him to stop sayingF***. It a very popular word in his vocabulary.

Nicole102984

Asked by Nicole102984 at 12:01 AM on May. 2, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Give him something funny to say in replacement that sounds like it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on May. 2, 2009

• Ignore it...sometimes the more you try to get them to stop and give them that attention, the more they do it. Ignore it for a week and see if it doesn't stop or at least cut back. I'd also be more cautious about what people say in front of him now that he's in the stage of repeating.
    ranze11617

Answer by ranze11617 at 12:22 AM on May. 2, 2009

• Explain to him that it is a very naughty word and he is not expected to be naughty. Every time he uses it, he should get a three minute time out (the rule is one minute of time out per year of age). Now, you need to make sure that no ones uses this word around him.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:22 AM on May. 2, 2009

• First, who every is cussing in front of him needs a talking to... and second, tell him that he is not allowed to say that word and then the very next time he says it, discipline him for it. Whatever method you use. My son would get a spanking for language like that, but not till after whoever introduced that word to him got a sound tounge lashing first.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 4:07 PM on May. 2, 2009