Have I gained to much weight?

I am 25 weeks pregnant and I think I've gained about 30 pounds already. I went to the doc for a check-up on the 28th of April and they measured my stomach at 25 inches. I'm not pregnant with twins and am just really worried that i'm gaining to much weight.

liena09

Asked by liena09 at 12:27 AM on May. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• your stomach measurement is supposed to match how many weeks along you are. so 25 is fine. did your doctor say you've gained too much? if you were a tiny person to begin with you have to gain more than average or larger people do. i would just check with your doctor and make sure what you do eat is healthy food not just alot of junk, but if the doc hasn't said anything i'm sure your fine
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:30 AM on May. 2, 2009

• Everyone is different and every pregnancy is different. My first I gained a total of 32lbs, my second I gained 55lbs (some of that was depression eating), my last pregancy was 40lbs. Just try to watch what your eating and stay active. As your pregnancy proceeds and you get bigger you will get more tired.
    neddie77

Answer by neddie77 at 12:33 AM on May. 2, 2009

• You havent gained to much weight gaining 20-40 pounds while pregnant is normal. When I was 25 weeks I had gained about the same amount
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 12:33 AM on May. 2, 2009

• I gained 40lbs with my first, 68lbs with my second, and 60lbs with my third. So personally, I think you're fine. LOL. I'm 5'10" and my starting weight with my first I was 128ish (i needed to gain extra weight), starting with my second I was 135lbs (still could use a little extra weight), and with my third I was 140lbs. I'm now 160lbs and really ok with it. Sure i'd like to loose a little weight....what mom of 3 wouldn't? HAHA, but I don't think its terrible. If the doctor hasn't said nothing I wouldn't worry. The most important thing is for you and your baby to be healthy!
    ranze11617

Answer by ranze11617 at 12:35 AM on May. 2, 2009

• it fluctuates. being only 8 weeks pregnant i gained 10 pounds when I went back at 12 weeks I had lost 16 pounds! I didn't gain anything again until I was into my third trimester and then I was gaining like 6 pounds a week (my doc said it had to be water weight since it was physically impossible to eat that much food) LOL she was right I lost half my baby weight 1 week post baby. As long as your eating healthy I wouldnt worry about it too much
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 12:52 AM on May. 2, 2009