My 20 month old has a fever of 102 should I be worried?

About swine flu? I live in Illinois and I have kids in school but they're not showing any signs of being sick.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on May. 2, 2009 in Health

• just treat like you would the regular flu, unless she exhibits symptoms listed above. its also still cold season so it could just be a cold, call your pediatrician get an apointment for mon morning and take her in then if that will make you feel better. i would keep your kids out of school monday just in case it is you don't want them to expose someone else.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:42 AM on May. 2, 2009

• gal you better take the baby to ER.....now
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on May. 2, 2009

• No, read this....I work at this children's hospital and there has been a SWARM of parents coming in bc they're in hysterics about the swine flu.

Parents should seek emergency assistance if their child experiences any of the following:

Fast breathing or trouble breathing
    Bluish skin color
    Not drinking enough fluids
    Not waking up or not interacting
    Being so irritable that the child does not want to be held
    Flu-like symptoms improve but then return with fever and worse cough
    Fever with a rash
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 12:39 AM on May. 2, 2009

• http://www.kirotv.com/health/19347677/detail.html
    a_and_j_momma

• Seattle Children's says:

- Parents should not take their children to the emergency department that either have no symptoms or only mild flu-like symptoms - The hospital is isolating any potentially infected patient, using negative air-flow rooms and using gowns, masks and eye guards - Hospital playrooms in inpatient and ambulatory areas are closed - The therapy pool is also closed for recreational/community swim programs - Community events and tours at the hospital have also been postponed

Our Children's Resource Line (206) 987-2500 or toll-free at 866-987-2500 has a recorded message regarding swine flu (in Spanish and English) that will be updated on a regular basis.
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 12:40 AM on May. 2, 2009

• Here's some advice about fever from the same hospital

http://www.seattlechildrens.org/child_health_safety/health_advice/fever.asp
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 12:41 AM on May. 2, 2009

• you should be worried about ear infections or regular flu or strep ect.....not the stipid swine flu
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:10 AM on May. 2, 2009

• Take your baby to the hospital! My son had a fever of 102.6 last month when he was 17 months old. I called his doctor and they wanted to see him right away in the office. So when I got there we discovered he was getting a pimple in his diaper...he got staff infection which causes large boils to puss and bleed and high fevers and lots and lots of pain and crying. Anything could be wroong with a baby. Yours could just need some childrens motrin. It makes the fever go down fast. Out of all the medicines I've tried for mine...that one is the best. Better than tylenol or any cheap generic ones. Childrens motrin is the best. I always keep one handy in his diaper bag.
    bisbeesmiley

Answer by bisbeesmiley at 1:22 AM on May. 2, 2009

• I already gave her motrin earlier, shes fast asleep now.. I think shes fine though, i was just a bit worried...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:26 AM on May. 2, 2009

• A fever of 102 is no reason for the ER
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:38 AM on May. 2, 2009