How are you mommy's keeping a balance?

Before children I was always a very spiritual person, very in tune, and empotionally sensitive. Not to mention, creative, expressive, and musical in everything I engaged in. Now.... I have no idea where I went. No time for mommy has truely left me searching for myself. I feel like my idenity is gone.
Don't get me wrong... I love being a mother, but I want to be myself once in a while too. Any suggestions...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:50 AM on May. 2, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• leave the dishes in the sink, leave the toys on the floor and take the time after the kids go to bed to do stuff for you. spend the time they are napping, or in school doing the stuff that has to be done in the house (or if you are a working mom, pick two or three nights where you don't clean the house after they go to bed)
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:51 AM on May. 2, 2009

• I found that having a "cleaning time" helps. If i miss cleaning at this time frame then I am sure the grab the lil one and b outside lol so we dont see the mess. When I wake up in the morning is when I prefer to clean, I make my son breakfast and while he is eating I do the dishes works wonderful cause then he wont take them out as I put them in. Get the kids to help even if they are around a year old. MY son is 16months here soon and I make him pick HIS toys up, it helps cause even though he only gets a toy or two put away he gets distracted at the fact he is doing something WHILE I fold clothes lol. My mommy time is usually far in between too, I ask hubby every now and then to take the baby while I just play on cafemom or take a bath I love being a mommy too much lol...you just have to balance the chores and the baby work! I have some more ideas that can help you, message me if you want some more help! GL!!!
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 12:56 AM on May. 2, 2009

• I feel like that too sometimes. Between being a mommy and a wife, I wonder, where did I go? Who am I anymore? Like I feel like me, but I am someone completely different. It's weird but...I guess that is life.
    mamofive

Answer by mamofive at 1:02 AM on May. 2, 2009

• you should write down all the things you used to enjoy doing and then slowly go through the list doing everything (it may take awhile)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on May. 2, 2009

• Through the years I have streamlined techniques so that cleaning takes minutes. Check out www.flylady.net for ideas and routines that you can adapt to your own household.

Every night, after dishes are done and kids are settled for the night (sometimes I'll even get time in the afternoon), I'll get out my crafts, reading books, sewing projects out and enjoy myself. I can rest easy and have fun because by using my small routines throughout the morning and early evening my house is neat and household chores are done.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 9:32 AM on May. 2, 2009

• My husband and I had a special appointment that was scheduled every Wednesday night when he came home from work. He had an appointment with the children for play time and I had an appointment with me to get out of the house even if it was just to go window shopping. It allowed me to be myself outside of just being "MOOOOOMMMM" and helped him to have more time to really get to know his children and for them to remember what a cool dad they had.
    DonnaChapman

Answer by DonnaChapman at 10:50 AM on May. 16, 2009