why do people say you're so tiny

when i'm 36 weeks preg, have gained 37 lbs and don't feel freaking tiny! i'm soo sick of people saying how far along are you then i tell them and their like, oh no you can't be your too small. will someone please just tell me i look like i'm about to pop? seriously, i don't care if you were 500 lbs more than me at this point in your preg, i'm a small person to begin w/so saying that just annoys me and makes me feel like knocking you out! i guess i just want to know if anyone else feels the same way if they get comments like that

vabchmommy

Asked by vabchmommy at 1:08 AM on May. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes when im pregnant and complain of pain people say but you dont have a tummy. hello! I still am carrying the same weight around. Even my doctors always sent me to specialists thinking i was "too small" I know how you feel its annoying. I didnt get any attention other pregnant women got like someone giving up their chair for me lol Even family members used to forget i was pregnant and let me lift things myself
    Have3Girls114

Answer by Have3Girls114 at 1:12 AM on May. 2, 2009

• Most women abhor being told they look big. I didn't know that until I got in trouble for it after attending a midwife's ultrasound :p I always wanted to be told I looked big too.

Hey! You look huge! :p
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:13 AM on May. 2, 2009

• thank god! i thought i was the only one and i was starting to think i must be crazy. ya normally i wouldn't want to be told that, but when i'm about to have a baby tell me i look like it
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 1:16 AM on May. 2, 2009

• Yeah with my first they used to make me cry and think my baby was growing. Everybody used to ask do you feel your baby move? But by my second I knew thats how my pregnancys were.
    Have3Girls114

Answer by Have3Girls114 at 1:16 AM on May. 2, 2009

• I know EXACTLY how you feel im currently 38 weeks and people tell me im small all the time...ive gained almost 40 pounds!!! I feel like a freaking whale I know im not TINY I feel like theres a bowling ball in there...or a watermelon...just waiting to fall out
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 1:17 AM on May. 2, 2009

• make me think my baby was not growing*
    Have3Girls114

Answer by Have3Girls114 at 1:17 AM on May. 2, 2009

• People said that to me and I really was tiny now that i think about it. My best friend kept saying "but I thought you'd get bigger." Well, I'm happy cause I had my DD 8 weeks ago and I've lost all the pregnancy weight already.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on May. 2, 2009

• ya the same thing happened with my first, i walked out of the hospital in the clothes i wore at the 3 month point and it took about 3 months to wear my normal pants again (i had a c-sec so it hurt to wear reg jeans) so i'm hoping it will go the same this time. but still, i'm about to have a baby i want to not be told i'm too tiny to have back aches, too small to feel like my boobs are gonna knock me over, i want to be told yup you look like you'll have that baby tomorrow. i think i'd hug someone if they told me that in the street right now.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 1:37 AM on May. 2, 2009

• i'm not a small person (5'6") but i had a really small belly. even up to the due date i was pretty small lol. it was so annoying because i got that everytime someone asked me how far along i was. i was like seriously one more comment and im gonna go crazy up in here! lol you don't wanna mess with a pregnant girl. don't worry girl it just means you'll snap back faster!

cocomommie25

Answer by cocomommie25 at 3:06 AM on May. 2, 2009

• With my son I had people asking me still, "umm are you pregnant?" when I was 2 weeks from my due date, I wanted to smack them right in the mouth...
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 7:20 PM on May. 2, 2009