Does anyone know what coloboma is?

My husband has coloboma in both his eyes. I'm just wondering how many other woman out there know what this is and/or know someone who has coloboma.

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 1:14 AM on May. 2, 2009 in Health

• Hi - I'm very curious to know how your husbands vision is? Did he ever let the coloboma stop him from participating in sports, activities? driving? Depending on where the coloboma is in the eye there are different visual impairment.
    My baby boy has Bilateral Coloboma as well, his is from the iris (when you look at his eyes you see the coloboma in his pupil) all the way back to his retina. I know that each person is different, but it is such a rare condition the chances of coming across someone is slim. Carter's vision at this time is very good, much better than we originally we told, as far as we can tell only to upper field of vision is missing, and he can see out of both eyes with no glasses needed.
    mommyme01

Answer by mommyme01 at 1:55 PM on Dec. 12, 2009

• It's a gap in part of the structures of the eye, but I don't have it myself nor do I know much about it
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 1:19 AM on May. 2, 2009

• google it, I'm sure you'll find a lot of info about it.
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 1:20 AM on May. 2, 2009

• Thanks. i already know as much as i can about it. i was just wondering how many other ppl know what it is or know anyone who has it.
    I had no idea what it was until i met my husband. It's rare enough to have it in only one eye but he has it in both of his eyes.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:22 AM on May. 2, 2009