Should I still be bleeding? I had a c-section Mar 7, 2009

I had my son on Mar 7 2009, I had a repeat c-section. I also had a tubal Ligation right after the doctors pulled my son out. Well, I am still bleeding. Not all day long, only at night and sometimes it is just light but other nights it is heavy bleeding. That is why I am starting to wonder if I should still be bleeding? Anything would help me. I have ask my obgyn doc and he said that it was normal, but that was 2 weeks ago at my six week check up.

geistans

Asked by geistans at 1:30 AM on May. 2, 2009 in Health

• i was told it was normal to bleed for 6-8 weeks after delivery. i had a c-section and bled 24/7 for about 6 weeks, than for the next 3 weeks i spotted every once in awhile, be it overnight or during the day. i would also say that since you have other kids you are chasing around it probably doesn't help. shouldn't you have another follow up apointment soon? (i had one at 2, 6 and 8 weeks) i would double check then if you do and if not i would call and ask if that would make you feel better
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 1:33 AM on May. 2, 2009

• I did for 7 weeks
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on May. 2, 2009

• The doctor told me that I only needed to have the 6 week check up. I didn't have another check up with my first c-section. I do chase my older children all day long (the two oldest ones of to preschool 4 days a week). I am going to see if I could get another appointment.
    geistans

Answer by geistans at 1:41 AM on May. 2, 2009

• I bled for about 3 or 4 days. But ive known people that have bled up until around 8 weeks.
    beingamomrocks1

Answer by beingamomrocks1 at 1:47 AM on May. 2, 2009

• i'm guessing chasing your little one doesn't help the healing process much ( i don't know yet i'm having my second in may). ya i would just call and ask them, it may be just the added stress of the older child and the tubal litigation so it was really almost two surgeries in one, that is making you bleed more. or it could be your body going back to the whole getting a period and you'll be irregular for a bit. hope they let you know something!
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 1:54 AM on May. 2, 2009

• I bled for at least 6 weeks, I think it was more like 7 actually. And I spotted every so often after that. I also had incredible pain and could NOT sit normally for at least 2-3 weeks.

s.teph

Answer by s.teph at 6:18 AM on May. 2, 2009