BC question.

My DH and i were planning on TTC ...and then my mom died and we'll be adopting my adopted little brother. he is 4 yrs old. My DSS is 3 years old. We've decided to hold off on having a baby of our own. But i've already gotten off my BC and really dont feel like getting back on it. DH is in the military and in Iraq. He gets his leave for 2 weeks in a few months. ...so that would be the only time i might get pregnant. What are my alternatives? I plan on asking my doctor about it before DH comes home, but i'd like to have an idea of what i'm talking about. thanx ladies.

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 1:35 AM on May. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Talk with your doctor about short term birth control options or talk to your husband about using a condom. Your family has a lot of adjustments to make to one another right now without adding baby to the mix.
    tiggermom803

Answer by tiggermom803 at 2:17 AM on May. 2, 2009

• Well there is a big difference between having 4 and 3 year old toddlers and having a brand new little baby. You should just try if you feel ready to do so. Sorry to hear about your mom and are you getting any financial help by adopting your little brother? Finances play a big part in this also I would suppose. You are doing a good thing by raising your little brother. Good luck.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 1:56 AM on May. 2, 2009

• Thanks Gigi for the encouragment. I still havnt made up my mind. I go back and forth on it. ...but my DSS is having a hard time with all the change. And i just dont know if i'll be emotionally able to handle the pregnancy like i would like. ...i'm only 22 so i have plenty of time to TTC. i just dont know.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:03 AM on May. 2, 2009

• I am terribly sorry about the loss of your mom. I pray that you find comfort and solace in the memories you have of her and in what she has left behind. ♥
    You are such a blessing to your little brother. ♥ With the loss of his mommy you are so very important in his life right now. Being torn from family and placed with strangers is so scary so this transition with you will help him to heal and grow in love instead of bitterness and anger.

Please thank your husband for me for putting his life on the line for my freedom. ♥ My husband is military and has been over there several times, too, so I know the sacrifices you are making.

I think a condom and perhaps some spermicide would work effectively. As your GYN about the spermicide because I don't know if it is prescriptive or OTC. Perhaps your GYN has a better suggestion.

Enjoy your time with your husband! ♪♪
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:29 AM on May. 2, 2009