Are you a Christian that struggles with Depression?

I struggle on and off with it.The way I'm supposed to deal with it ,is to praise God in my sadness,this always gets me out of it for awhile.I need thee every hour because my flesh is weak.Praying about my sadness and asking God to help me overcome it,is the way of overcoming temptation.Depression is a temptation because it makes me think negative about my life and God wants me to think positive.

countingsparows

Asked by countingsparows at 2:34 AM on May. 2, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• ohh I listen to that song all the time !!! Love it !

I didn't know that about the baby wow Ill have to look that one up.

I was diagnosed yrs ago with clinical depression. It runs through my family. I took pills but it did nothing for me and I didn't want to deal with being addicted to them so I listen to music and I talk to a close friend from time to time and of course I spend time with Jesus .
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:49 AM on May. 2, 2009

• Yep sure do..but I think part of it is my MS.
    nazratred

Answer by nazratred at 2:38 AM on May. 2, 2009

• I have for many years. It was a symptom of a larger health issue. I do not produce cortisol or adoral, and sever depression is a side effect. I know that God can and will heal me some day.

Thing is that christians....and everyone needs to remeber, is that a good portion of the time, depression is not just a spiritual thing, but a symptom of a greater probelm.

But even in the midst of physical medical problems, we are called to worship.

go to youtube and look up Desert Song by Hillsong... perfect song for this thread.. Look for the one that is about 8 min long, it is one of the singers talking about how she lost her baby boy just days before the recording.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 2:45 AM on May. 2, 2009

• Sounds like to me that you need to find yourself, through yourself, and not by religion. If you are not happy with yourself, not God or money (or anything else) is going to make you happy.

My best opinion, get out and meet people. Please don't close yourself off to "secular" people either. As you will find, it's about the heart, not the religion. Bible Thumpers have highest divorce rate -LA Times.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 2:50 AM on May. 2, 2009

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5_ikx9jlM0
    here ya go
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:55 AM on May. 2, 2009

• I would just like to offer that, I have been in a position... several times inmy life, were I have been striped of everything that I held dear. I would stand in the midst of everything crumbling around me wonder if there is anything worth living for.... EVERYONE you know will fail you. They are human.. it will happen... and no posession will satisfy or last...

IF you have a relationship with God, a true seeking realationship... he is truly all you need to be happy and content. It is in HIM that I found myself.

daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 2:58 AM on May. 2, 2009

• See a counsilor and maybe even medication to help you out so you will not have the highs and lows. Keep yourself busy with many types of people. Don't close yourself off.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:24 AM on May. 2, 2009