oral sex and yeast infections

It seems like ever since I have been sexually active if a guy goes down on me, I end up with a yeast infection, not all the time but too often, now this year, I as soon as I get rid of the yeast infection, he goes down on me, and I love this thing he does but, then I pay for it with a yeastiness a couple of days later! I haven't said anything to him about this. I don't want to discourage him, but man! what do I do? and why is this happening? he doens't go down on me that often that is why I can tell it happens with oral sex. does this happen to other women?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:46 AM on May. 2, 2009 in Health

• Make sure he brushes his teeth prior to oral and after you are finished with oral AND sex you need to go shower. He is just getting too many germs and bacteria in you and that is the main cause for yeast infections that is why baths are not recommended for women. So shower and make his brush! GL
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 4:35 AM on May. 2, 2009

• the thing is he's done it after we gotton ready for bed, brushing teeth and taking baths, but I don't shower after, it's pretty damn late at night!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:47 AM on May. 2, 2009

• Talk to your gyn. If you are having a with constant yeast infections, it could be that you aren't getting rid of it altogether. Also, when the semen sits in there all nite long, (and I'm assuming that he is penetrating), then that creates so much moisture in the area and in your panties all nite long and into the morning, that it creates the breeding ground for yeast infections.

Call your doctor, get a prescription, then be sure and wash well after sex. Otherwise, you don't want him smelling the yeast nor getting it in his mouth.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 8:56 AM on May. 2, 2009

• eat yogurt before you go to bed. that should help

Answer by admckenzie at 9:18 AM on May. 2, 2009

• Yes, I do as well. Its not a bad infection, but I notice a lot of itching there a few days later. It usually passes on its own, but every now and then I have to treat it.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 10:37 AM on May. 2, 2009