DO YOU AND YOUR HUBBY DISAGREE WITH HOW TO RAISE THE KIDS ON SOME THINGS? IF SO WHAT?

ME AND MY HUBBY DO WHEN IT COMES TO 2 THINGS HE WANTS OUR SON TO CRY IT OUT SOMETIMES AND HE ALSO WANTS ME TO MAKE OUR SON GO TO SLEEP CAUSE MY SON SLEEPS ALL DAY AND STAYS UP ALL NIGHT .. I LET HIM SLEEP WHENEVER HE WANTS HE IS ONLY 13MONTHS. WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK AND DISAGREE ON?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:17 AM on May. 2, 2009 in General Parenting

• My hubby doesnt like to tell my son no to disrespecting me my son is only 15months but like to beat me up here and there and its usually when daddy has a long day at work. When daddy does tell him no he is the sweetest thing to me. I think hubby should inflict more discipline on my son so he learns how to treat not only his mother but woman. Same thing with timeouts, I do time outs for my son and hubby just ignores it all..which doesnt fix anything with my lil guy.,
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 6:52 AM on May. 2, 2009

• I have to say we are on the same page with raiseing our daughter. On my step-kids, Theres another issue. They have not respect for anyone nor anything. No table manners they are 8 and 12. So ya at times we disagree but in the end im just trying to teach them our rules in this house..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:41 AM on May. 2, 2009

• We have never had any major differences. We both agreed to never let him just cry it out (it seemed not very nurturing) and my husband was the one who stayed home with him so he set our son's schedule while I went back to work. We both agree on no spanking and what methods of punishment are best for our family. I'm trying to think.....we disagree on who has to get up in the morning with him. We take turns so the other can sleep in. Mostly I get to sleep in. But I'm better at putting him to bed at night. So it all works out in the end. My heart always goes out to families who experience deep anger at eachother because they have major differences in parenting ideas/styles.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on May. 2, 2009

• When our kids get older my husband doesn't want to let them have soda....ever. But I feel at camp outs and every once in a while with pizza and such isn't a big deal.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 10:03 AM on May. 2, 2009

• usually we agree on most things but last week I let my son put purple hair dye in his hair that washes out after a few washes and he totally flipped out on me. My son has pretty dark hair so it barely showed but he was pissed.

babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 11:19 AM on May. 2, 2009

• I am a schedule nazi and my husband sometimes disagrees with the schedule I set for a our children. He ocassionally says that I don't 'allow' for the kids to just be kids. That does irritate me occassionaly because I do there are just things that need to get done in a timely manner!
    apattinson

Answer by apattinson at 12:35 PM on May. 2, 2009

• Luckily, we agree about everything, so far. Now, I must say that at 13 months old, you'd probably be doing yourself a favor by getting your son on a normal sleep schedule. My brother's kids got to sleep when they wanted like that, and now getting them to go to bed is horror.
    Mangy_Momma

Answer by Mangy_Momma at 9:46 AM on May. 3, 2009