whats your church like that you go too?

what i mean by that is how does your service start middle and end?

Feel free to say anything you would like about your church...
GOD BLESS

hinson7169

Asked by hinson7169 at 7:06 AM on May. 2, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• My Church is great! Their services only last an hour, and they have one at eleven for those of us who are not morning people. They also offer baptism at both services. Something I have not found everywhere. It is big, and spacious, and even the nursery is big and spacious. I fell in love with it the first time I went there. God bless.
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 12:16 PM on May. 2, 2009

• On a typical Sunday morning --those of us who get there early finish up preparations for the Lord's supper if need be or visit with one another, some while doing any last minute prep work for class. At 10 am class starts. There is one for all ages. In the adult class sometimes the discussion gets lively. At 10:45 class ends and there is a break. More chatting, getting kids settled. At 11 the worship hour starts. Annuncements, then a song or two, bible reading and prayer, then another song or two and the Lord's supper is taken. One more song, and then the sermon. After the sermon the invitation song is given --those who wish to ask for prayer/and or forgiveness, those who want to become a Christian usually use this time. After that, one more song, final prayer, and more chatting as we prepare to go our separate ways. It's really hard to describe in a nutshell but there are the bare bones..
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 8:16 AM on May. 2, 2009

• We normally get to the church about 9:20. Our classes all start at 9:30. Right now, our class is watching a video of Dr. Carl Baugh, from a series of episodes he did with Kenneth Copeland. It's all about Dr. Baugh's Creation museum,and all the research he's done to back it up. It's been very interesting,and Dr. Baugh is so knowledgeable. After classes, we have a short time of fellowship,and then our praise and worship service starts at 10:30. Our Pastor is also our music leader,and he is so dynamic. We usually have about a 20 minute praise and worship service, then annoucements,and then Pastor calls the prayer partners down,and anyone needing prayer can go to them. After that, Pastor has his sermon,and then the prayer partners go back down front,and if someone needs prayers who didn't before, they can go then, or if someone wants to give their hearts to Christ.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 9:29 AM on May. 2, 2009

• Oh, how I LOVE our church! It has so much to offer...ministries for people of all ages and circumstances. We start with the welcome song, and our pastor welcomes everyone and we welcome each other. Then we have praise and worship with a praise team, full choir and orchestra; a soloist; and the choir anthem. Then the sermon, offering, and the benediction. The thing I love most about our church is the music ministry (since music is what rows my boat) which I am a part of: both children and adult. I get to sing on the praise team quite a bit, and I've been part of an ensemble as well. I haven't worked my way into a solo yet, as I've not been asked and have never done one in a church this size (very nervous). I love my Sunday School class which is like a family within the church family. My church ROCKS!
    ProudTexan71

Answer by ProudTexan71 at 9:46 AM on May. 2, 2009

• We sing rockin music....Its praise and worship but its very upbeat. Then we move into the slower songs and let the Holy Spirit move. Sometimes it gets quiet and still and sometimes our pastor will speak prophetically or pray prophetically. Theres order, but no real regimented schedule. We allow the Holy Spirit to move in any direct he likes. After our worship we take a few minutes to greet one another and use the restroom. Kids are dismissed to their class and we have different speakers. Sometimes its our pastor and sometimes his aunt speaks. Shes great! We've been talking about the Road to Recompense. How God wants to restore in our lives what has been stolen from us and how to receive that from him. Its very practical teaching and our church is small enough for anyone to comment or question. After teaching, we talk for a bit and sometimes we go out to eat. Our church is very relaxed and non formal.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 10:15 AM on May. 2, 2009